Windows 10: About win10 default settings

Discus and support About win10 default settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The default value of 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore\RPSessionInterval' should be 0 or 1on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leah CW, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Leah CW Win User

About win10 default settings

The default value of 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore\RPSessionInterval' should be 0 or 1on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC?

:)

Leah CW, Apr 7, 2021

2. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Apr 7, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done About win10 default settings :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. About win10 default settings - Similar Threads - win10 default settings

2. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 default fonts: How can I clear out the dozens of fonts that have accumulated over time and get back to the original default Win10 font set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-default-fonts/c13e331f-7022-43aa-8291-dab24167f9e2
  3. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 default fonts: How can I clear out the dozens of fonts that have accumulated over time and get back to the original default Win10 font set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-default-fonts/c13e331f-7022-43aa-8291-dab24167f9e2
  4. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. About Win10 fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About Win10 fonts: How to install Microsoft Sans Serif font with Lithuanian language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-win10-fonts/a05c75d2-a7fc-4291-9253-76f6a2e57e46
  6. Just a quick question about default settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just a quick question about default settings: [ATTACH] Hi, I recently changed my settings in power and sleep for my laptop, and I was trying to change it back, is this the default settings? If someone could check and tell me, that would be very very much appreciated <3 (to get there, you go to settings, system, and...
  7. Win10 Setting Default Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Setting Default Printer: As admin or user1, am able to select default printer without issue. As user2, left click on the printer name does NOT expand the selection box, and Manage is not accessible. Suggestions?...
  8. default profile win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...
  9. default profile win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...
  10. Win10 refuses to set a default program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 refuses to set a default program: New HP Envy laptop. I'm trying to set Notepad++ as my default program for .txt files. I go to the usual place in Settings, choose to set by file association, scroll down to .txt, click to see the choices, select Notepad++, and...Windows leaves it at Notepad. A conspiracy...