Windows 10: About Windows Defender?

Discus and support About Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where is the settings in Windows Defender for it to scan zip files as no such setting have been found?, already been to my Local Group Policy or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maroner555, Jul 6, 2020.

1. About Windows Defender?

Where is the settings in Windows Defender for it to scan zip files as no such setting have been found?, already been to my Local Group Policy or Gpedit.msc and configured some questions relating to Windows Defender by enabling it and it made no difference whatsoever. Still had to do a full reinstall of Windows 10 due to trojans not detected in zip files and folders which I come across accidentally and by doing a full reset or repair or backup was not possible after being locked out. All other free antiviruses which I tried out one by one all showed it was scanning my downloaded zip file before I unzipped it and immediately alerted me of any trojan threats as shown on the screen popup before unzipping that file and once a zip file was detected that's it. Windows Defender has an allow button in its settings and already copped a trojan damage after allowing a detected file/program and ended up back to square one in having to do a full reinstall as the only way out. A trojan has always won access into my computer and ruined it, when all I have is Windows Defender as it is ?,or configured in the group policy. No other free antivirus which I used has allowed a trojan to win access to my computer not even ruin it either. I don't know what to add to Windows Defender so my next encounter with a trojan doesn't end up having to do a full reinstall. At the moment I am looking at moving over to your rival Kaspersky free antivirus which has shown proof in taking computer security way more seriously as not one detected trojan and nasties has ever gone through and no sign of any kind of a computer damage was seen either. Sad to say Windows Defender needs way further security improvements and trojan and nasty malware testing before it even comes close to any of its rivals in July 2020.Please re test Windows Defender further and you'll sooner or later come across where I am coming from ?,and was shocked by the results when a trojan had won when you didn't expect it..bye

:)

maroner555, Jul 6, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 6, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

About Windows Defender?

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • About Windows Defender? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

About Windows Defender?

1. About Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - Defender

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  6. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  7. i cant open my windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  8. i cant open my windows defender?

i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  9. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  10. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...