Windows 10: About Windows Defender?

Discus and support About Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam, Hello again?, I don't know how much Windows Defender has improved by?, and just go by what has been said by... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maroner555, Jul 6, 2020.

1. About Windows Defender?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hello again?,

I don't know how much Windows Defender has improved by?, and just go by what has been said by the team of Windows Defender?, and apologize if my assumption of Windows Defender's poor performance was somehow wrong, after checking the reviews of Window Defender in 2020 websites and went by the experts reviews of Windows Defender poor description as been correct at the time.. You know in the news I came across an expert who found a major security flaw in Windows Defender after a business employee was able to open an infected email attachment which easily bypassed the security of Windows Defender and then it made a total mess of the business computer once after that nasty/malicious thing was installed and whether the Windows Defender team had fixed this after being notified is not yet known?.I hope the Windows Defender Team have fixed that flaw as I am trying to trust this free antivirus. I didn't know there is somebody out there who were good at adding trojans and other nasties into a zip file without it getting detected by Windows Defender and thought Windows Defender knew about hidden trojans in a zip file long before I was using Windows Defender existed. The sole reasons I am using Windows Defender is because I can allow a downloaded file which was detected to be further explored and then installed and then run with ease after pressing the allow button in the protection history section of Windows Defender, as other free antiviruses don't allow it, but noticed in doing so I will end up locked out. I don't know whether Windows Defender has detected my downloaded file as a genuine mistake and just assume it is?, and then find out It wasn't a genuine mistake at all. All other free antiviruses which had tried out one by one and saw all what was detected after a full scan seems to be a genuine detection as I noticed all detections can't be further explored. So I can't explain why I can explore an infected file after it was downloaded or opened up immediately with Windows Defender installed ,while every other free antivirus I used one by one even trial antivirus versions have blocked every downloads as shown by a warning on the screen and even after trying to open a file was included .. I'd like to welcome your comments on this one..bye

:)

maroner555, Jul 6, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 6, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

About Windows Defender?

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • About Windows Defender? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

About Windows Defender?

1. About Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Windows Defender not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender not working: Hello!Im trying to open Windows defender and this shows up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-working/006038f6-b334-42e4-952d-ac5f795eb301
  3. Windows Defender not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender not working: Hello!Im trying to open Windows defender and this shows up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-working/006038f6-b334-42e4-952d-ac5f795eb301
  4. My windows defender got hacked by viruses. and now i cant start windows defender..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows defender got hacked by viruses. and now i cant start windows defender..: i already tried few ways that i got from other forums but it didnt worked like i made a sfc/scannow but it just dont work and also i tried to do full scan from msert application of microsofts. then i decided to do a reset of my laptop but when i go to recover settings and...
  5. My windows defender got hacked by viruses. and now i cant start windows defender..

My windows defender got hacked by viruses. and now i cant start windows defender..: i already tried few ways that i got from other forums but it didnt worked like i made a sfc/scannow but it just dont work and also i tried to do full scan from msert application of microsofts. then i decided to do a reset of my laptop but when i go to recover settings and...
  6. My windows defender got hacked by viruses. and now i cant start windows defender..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it: Windows Defender requested me to send in a file from my SystemTemp folder, this file was named chrome_url_fetcher{random string of characters}.crx3 and I sent the file in to get scanned. But after sending in the file my internet restarted due to router settings, and I checked...
  8. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it: Windows Defender requested me to send in a file from my SystemTemp folder, this file was named chrome_url_fetcher{random string of characters}.crx3 and I sent the file in to get scanned. But after sending in the file my internet restarted due to router settings, and I checked...
  9. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

10. Repeated notifications from Windows Defender on same non-existing threat

Repeated notifications from Windows Defender on same non-existing threat: Hello. This problem was apparently dealt with successfully several years ago. I found some answers in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repeated-notification-of-a-threat/439f1f59-f602-43bf-93dd-366b31b36127The solution existed in the deletion...