Windows 10: About Windows Defender?

Discus and support About Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?, How would you explain after I was able to download many infected files/programs and most... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maroner555, Jul 8, 2020.

1. About Windows Defender?

Dear Sir/Madam,

How's things?,

How would you explain after I was able to download many infected files/programs and most went in undetected?, and even doing a custom scan of those downloaded files/programs which didn't show up anything either after the custom scan was complete. Also I still am able to download and run infected files which my installed Windows Defender isn't even aware of it containing any nasties hidden and only found out what that infected file had when it was installed and the damage then was too late to repair/fix. While you claim in total confidence that Windows Defender has gone through and passed all of the maximum virus testing and has reached the 100% detection rate to only find later that it missed newly made computer nasties which it didn't know about ,because it didn't have the definitions added in the antivirus database due to it was forgotten to be added by mistake or on purpose or the computer virus/trojan was very well created by whoever it was and then it came out which no virus/trojan/malware definitions were created. I'm quite sure you will come across an infected file/program which Windows Defender wasn't aware of ,including trojans which you will notice it still will very easily win access in the computer. In my view you might need a security expert who knows way more about computer nasties than whoever created Windows Defender as there are many issues that needs to be sorted out and get it sorted out soon. Even an infected email attachment can be easily opened up by accident and then the computer/s will cop the consequences from whatever nasties came out and there was no alerts by Windows Defender. So I don't know how on earth you claim Windows Defender had an excellent record of its detections,when I uncovered flaws. My last trojan I got had won access after Windows Defender wasn't aware of it and the mess I got afterwards made me question the effectiveness of Windows Defender and yet more promises had come out in a better Windows Defender and didn't find any of those exact evidences of any such improvements as stated online. So who is to blame ?. I may end up looking like an idiot as rivals have said so to those who continually use Windows Defender which will let users down. Which free antivirus do I stick with ?,bye..

:)

maroner555, Jul 8, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 8, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

About Windows Defender?

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • About Windows Defender? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

About Windows Defender?

1. About Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - Defender

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  6. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  7. i cant open my windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  8. i cant open my windows defender?

i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  9. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  10. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...