Windows 10: About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,...

Discus and support About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to know everything about the Windows key of its types (which I know is of three types OEM, Retail and Volume licence) I would like to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ghost363, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Ghost363 Win User

About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,...

I would like to know everything about the Windows key of its types (which I know is of three types OEM, Retail and Volume licence) I would like to know how each of the key types works out in detail and how hardware changes effect these types of keys (if so which types of hardware changes are problematic for buying a new Windows key).

This is for learning and practical performance

Thanks

:)

Ghost363, Dec 8, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Windows Activation?

Windows will do this if it detects a significant (their word, questionable use) hardware change, and will ask you to reactivate.

After a key has been activated X number of times, you will have to call to activate it.

Couple of tips for the phone call: You can use your keypad, and when they're telling you keys, instead of saying "Repeat that" and "Continue" type 1 and 2. With these tips, that activation call will only last you about 4 and a half minutes.

DanishDevil, Dec 8, 2019
  4. About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,...

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,...

1. About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,... - Similar Threads - activation key activation

2. Activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I had Windows 10 Pro installed with a product key that i do not have access to. Before i did the hardware change, i made sure that it was linked to my account. I went to activation in the settings and it said "Windows is...
  3. Activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I had Windows 10 Pro installed with a product key that i do not have access to. Before i did the hardware change, i made sure that it was linked to my account. I went to activation in the settings and it said "Windows is...
  4. activation after hardware change

activation after hardware change: I had to replace a motherboard and WIN10 want to re-activate but does not recognize the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-after-hardware-change/c04b7fb6-e067-4e21-a926-051f88fc1139"
  5. Activation after hardware change.

Activation after hardware change.: Apparently I was supposed to associate/link my digital key to my account but I never knew that, and recently my motherboard died on me so my hardware has changed. Now windows is claiming it is not activated. What is the fix? Or is there one? Would be very important as my HDD...
  6. Activation after Hardware Change

Activation after Hardware Change: Hi, I've recently upgraded my hardware (motherboard and processor) and my Windows 10 came up saying not activated. When I went through the activation troubleshooter, it advised it couldn't currently activate and to try again later. This kept going on for several days so I...
  7. Activation after hardware change

Activation after hardware change: I am planning on replacing my motherboard, CPU and memory in November and expect I will need to activate windows 10 pro again. After reading up on it I have a digital license as I updated from windows 7 pro years ago. Now since I have a digital license it says I will need to...
  8. activation after hardware change

activation after hardware change: I got a new motherboard and power supply for Christmas, and threw them in yesterday. I didn't change or reset the ssd's, windows did its little driver update thing for 2 minutes, and loaded in. all was well, but now I get this annoying note telling me to activate windows. I...
  9. Activating after hardware change

Activating after hardware change: Hi There. Yesterday, I decided to upgrade my hardware on my pc, I upgraded the following: 1. MotherBoard 2. CPU and cooler 3. RAM 4. Case and power supply. Although my upgrade runs beutifully, I noticed that my copy of windows is now showing as "not activated". I went...
  10. Activation after Hardware Changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after Hardware Changes.: I've recently rebuilt my PC with completely new Mobo, CPU and RAM. However, my HDD is the same and I've just plugged it in straight from my old PC, without using any sort of transfer utility. Windows is now telling me it is not activated , and when I click on "recent hardware...