Windows 10: About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,...

Discus and support About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to know everything about the Windows key of its types (which I know is of three types OEM, Retail and Volume licence) I would like to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ghost363, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Ghost363 Win User

About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,...

I would like to know everything about the Windows key of its types (which I know is of three types OEM, Retail and Volume licence) I would like to know how each of the key types works out in detail and how hardware changes effect these types of keys (if so which types of hardware changes are problematic for buying a new Windows key).

This is for learning and practical performance

Thanks

:)

Ghost363, Dec 8, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Windows Activation?

Windows will do this if it detects a significant (their word, questionable use) hardware change, and will ask you to reactivate.

After a key has been activated X number of times, you will have to call to activate it.

Couple of tips for the phone call: You can use your keypad, and when they're telling you keys, instead of saying "Repeat that" and "Continue" type 1 and 2. With these tips, that activation call will only last you about 4 and a half minutes.

DanishDevil, Dec 8, 2019
  4. About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,...

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,...

1. About windows OS activation key and activation after hardware changes which includes CPU,... - Similar Threads - activation key activation

2. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license key not activating after hardware change: Laptop user here. My old windows license key is not activating after installing windows on a different SSD. I have backup of previous license key, but it is not working now.My Microsoft account is showing 2 version of the same devicess attached.I tried all the methods shown...
  3. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license key not activating after hardware change: Laptop user here. My old windows license key is not activating after installing windows on a different SSD. I have backup of previous license key, but it is not working now.My Microsoft account is showing 2 version of the same devicess attached.I tried all the methods shown...
  4. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to activate key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate key after hardware change: Hi,I've upgraded my system after a long time, I have a product key which I used on the previous system, but when I try to activate it I get the error code 0x803fa067, saying that I cannot activate this version of windows with my product key.I've seen in my account that the...
  6. Unable to activate key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate key after hardware change: Hi,I've upgraded my system after a long time, I have a product key which I used on the previous system, but when I try to activate it I get the error code 0x803fa067, saying that I cannot activate this version of windows with my product key.I've seen in my account that the...
  7. Unable to activate key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Activation After Hardware change.

Activation After Hardware change.: Hi I downloaded Windows 10 Home some time ago and it activated with a digital licence linked to my account. I decided to upgrade the motherboard but now it won't reactivate ,I'm logged into my account and clicked I changed my hardware selected the device but it won't...
  9. Activation after hardware change

Activation after hardware change: So I recently changed my motherboard, cpu and memory and reinstalled windows 10 corrupt sys 32 or something idk. Obviously, I then had to reactivate windows but when I tried to it told me that I had already reactivated windows using that key. I never have. Is this something...
  10. Activation after Hardware Changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after Hardware Changes.: I've recently rebuilt my PC with completely new Mobo, CPU and RAM. However, my HDD is the same and I've just plugged it in straight from my old PC, without using any sort of transfer utility. Windows is now telling me it is not activated , and when I click on "recent hardware...