Windows 10: about wireless hotspot in windows 10

Discus and support about wireless hotspot in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have been using wifi hotspot on my windows 10 for months and it was broadcasting 5 Ghz all this time now suddenly it says the selected network band... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ahmed_Mohamed1994, May 19, 2020.

1. about wireless hotspot in windows 10

i have been using wifi hotspot on my windows 10 for months and it was broadcasting 5 Ghz all this time now suddenly it says the selected network band isn't available. select a different band and try again so i have to switch is manually to 2.4 Ghz :

:)

Ahmed_Mohamed1994, May 19, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Limited Wireless Connectivity - No list of external wireless hotspots

Thanks for the rapid response ...

I upgraded to Windows 10 last July and have not had any (noticeable) problems till last weekend when looking to connect to a wireless network outside my normal environment (none available - list empty even after manual setup of local wireless). I
    have in the past used this computer to connect to third party paid wireless internet under Windows 10 - so it used to work!

I also forgot to mention that I had also tried:

7) removing any VPN problems using Microsoft on-line suggestions

8) blocked antivirus program and firewall (ESET)

On reading the link to Tony's suggestions I decided the best approach was to completely uninstall ESET and try again
    - once more no success ;-(

In summary, I have tried Tony's Method 0, Method 1, Method 2, Method 3 and Method 4 in addition to other random suggestions on the Net - all failed!

The driver appears to work OK as I can connect to my server, but I cannot see any list of nearby wireless hotspots.

My wireless /network settings are identical with another laptop sitting right next to this one. Same version and updates of Windows 10 - only difference seems to be hardware. I wonder if the hardware driver (which Windows suggest is the best available)
    is having trouble with latest Windows 10 update(s)?

Any other ideas?

David_Fuller, May 19, 2020
  4. Julie Ram Win User

about wireless hotspot in windows 10

Wireless Hotspot not stable from phone to Windows 10

Hi,

Seems that you're having issue with connecting to a Wireless Hotspot from your phone to your Windows 10 computer. To help you out with the concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link
    on how to fix network connection issues.

Do update us with the results and if further assistance is needed.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, May 19, 2020
Thema:

about wireless hotspot in windows 10

1. about wireless hotspot in windows 10 - Similar Threads - wireless hotspot

2. No Hotspot, no wireless connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Hotspot, no wireless connections: Hi, i found an issue with my PC where it cannot share hotspot. When looking online, most of the instructions said I should restart my device or install a driver. None of these work. Whenever I try to change something in the WiFi settings, the only thing showing is that I'm...
  3. No Hotspot, no wireless connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Hotspot, no wireless connections: Hi, i found an issue with my PC where it cannot share hotspot. When looking online, most of the instructions said I should restart my device or install a driver. None of these work. Whenever I try to change something in the WiFi settings, the only thing showing is that I'm...
  4. "Wireless Area Connection" option missing preventing from hotspot usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Wireless Area Connection" option missing preventing from hotspot usage: I have Windows 10 and I wanted to use it as a router. I went to wireless network connection status -> properties ->sharing tab ->I checked the box for "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection", and I chose "Local Area Connection 2"...
  5. "Wireless Area Connection" option missing preventing from hotspot usage

"Wireless Area Connection" option missing preventing from hotspot usage: I have Windows 10 and I wanted to use it as a router. I went to wireless network connection status -> properties ->sharing tab ->I checked the box for "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection", and I chose "Local Area Connection 2"...
  6. "Wireless Area Connection" option missing preventing from hotspot usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working: Hi Folks, I have a hotspot and printer issue and I'm not sure if they are related. My hotspot stopped working about 6 months ago with my Apple Iphone SE. The message displays says: "We can't set up mobile hotspot because you PC doesn't have an ethernet, WiFi, or cellular...
  8. Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working

Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working: Hi Folks, I have a hotspot and printer issue and I'm not sure if they are related. My hotspot stopped working about 6 months ago with my Apple Iphone SE. The message displays says: "We can't set up mobile hotspot because you PC doesn't have an ethernet, WiFi, or cellular...
  9. Windows 10: Hotspot and Wireless HP Printer not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Wireless hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless hotspot issues: Hello, I've been using wireless hotspot for 1 month, everything was working well. since one week my phone show me : "connected (no internet access)" and I don't know why. Sometimes it also say "connected (no internet access, no other networks available " if someone have...