Windows 10: "About your PC" is not launching

Discus and support "About your PC" is not launching in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows key followed by the search phrase "About your PC" brings up the "about" box for about a half second and then it disappears. Same happens when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tensoritall, Sep 10, 2018.

1. "About your PC" is not launching

Windows key followed by the search phrase "About your PC" brings up the "about" box for about a half second and then it disappears. Same happens when clicking menu sequence to get to the "About" information. Same happens when I right-click Start to access the Win-X menu, and then click System (the blue window flashes up for a moment and then disappears). How can I fix this problem?

:)

tensoritall, Sep 10, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 10, 2018
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 10, 2018
  4. "About your PC" is not launching

How to launch tablet Pc touch input from command line

Hello,

From versions of Windows 7 and above it is possible to automatically launch Touchscreen calibration using Tabcal.exe.

I was wondering if there is a similar command to directly launch touch input instead of following inf the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel and search for "Touch".
    • Click "Tablet PC Settings"
    • Click "Setup..." to the right of "Configure your pen and touch displays"
    • Choose "Touch Input..."

With best regards,

DisplaxLab, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

"About your PC" is not launching

1. "About your PC" is not launching - Similar Threads - launching

2. I sometimes get a bsod when launching apps "system_service_exception" win32kbase.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I sometimes get a bsod when launching apps "system_service_exception" win32kbase.sys: From time to time I launch my PC and go to launch apple music or my soundboard app, and I get a bsod with the above info. I usually restart my pc and go about my day, but its getting really annoying. I could probably just delete apple music, but I like having it, and I don't...
  3. I sometimes get a bsod when launching apps "system_service_exception" win32kbase.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I sometimes get a bsod when launching apps "system_service_exception" win32kbase.sys: From time to time I launch my PC and go to launch apple music or my soundboard app, and I get a bsod with the above info. I usually restart my pc and go about my day, but its getting really annoying. I could probably just delete apple music, but I like having it, and I don't...
  4. How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues?: I don't recall how I added MS Outlook to startup, but I did and it starts on bootup just as intended. But it frequently butts up against and interupts my ESET security. How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues? Thanks. PS: I'm no techy but can follow...
  5. How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues?

How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues?: I don't recall how I added MS Outlook to startup, but I did and it starts on bootup just as intended. But it frequently butts up against and interupts my ESET security. How do I set startup to delay Outlook's launch by 3 mintues? Thanks. PS: I'm no techy but can follow...
  6. BSOD when launching VALORANT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when launching VALORANT: Out of the blue I started getting a BSOD when launching VALORANT, only started today as I was still able to play yesterday.It gave me the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.I have already tried running sfc/scannow and chkdisk, reinstalled VALORANT and Riot Vanguard but to no...
  7. BSOD when launching VALORANT

BSOD when launching VALORANT: Out of the blue I started getting a BSOD when launching VALORANT, only started today as I was still able to play yesterday.It gave me the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.I have already tried running sfc/scannow and chkdisk, reinstalled VALORANT and Riot Vanguard but to no...
  8. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  9. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

"Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  10. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...