Windows 10: Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD

Discus and support Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game. Said game is Escape... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alej_516, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Alej_516 Win User

Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD

Hello,

I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game.
    Said game is Escape From Tarkov, its a first person shooter that uses a launcher and its only online. The SSD I installed is a gen4 pci m.2 nvme, more specifically the Silicon Power US70 1TB. I have tried swapping the m.2 SSDs to both slots of the motherboard with no luck. Other games seem to run fine as far as I knowI haven't tried gaming for a while on another game and now I am running out of ideas of what to troubleshoot. I tried running the V2 log but it seems that the system is not creating a memory dump. I have disabled fast boot both in the bios and in windows also.

My system:

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570 TUF Wifi

TeamForce 16GB DDR4 3733Mhz CL16

Silicon Power US70 1TB Gen4 nvme SSD the new SSD, OS drive

HP ex920 1TB nvme SSD

Samsung QVO 860 2TB SSD

3xHDDs

Fractal Design Ion+ 760p PSU

Custom watercooling loop.

Attached is the minidump file I managed to get after doing the driver verifier thing.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYDnfiZYTjtzRogc07vYiz1Y6EM?e=GU9u8Q

Thank you

:)

Alej_516, Sep 27, 2020
  2. X-PhilS Win User

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Sep 27, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD

Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed

I installed a new SSD in my PC and imaged my old SSD onto it, which caused it to crash randomly on the login page, reboot randomly, run very very slowly (upwards of 5 minutes to open the start menu, for instance), and freeze a lot. I reimaged, same thing.
    So I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and started from scratch and I'm still having the same problems.

I've run a disc check on the SSD (it claimed it's fine) and checked various things which haven't fixed the problem. I finally got a BSOD today that said:

Stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

What failed: HIDCLASS.SYS

Hopefully that's pointing me in the right direction now. Here are the only minidumps I have: Dropbox - File Deleted

Research seems to be indicating it's a problem with a USB device, but I only have my mouse, keyboard, and a WIFI adaptor, all of which are using the exact same (up to date) drivers that were installed on the old SSD, which had no problems.

Any suggestions?

Watson9508, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD

1. Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD - Similar Threads - Abrupt BSOD installing

2. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  3. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  4. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Getting alot of bsods after installing new SSD

Getting alot of bsods after installing new SSD: I recently installed a 500gb SSD by western digital into my computer and threw windows 10 on it, so overall I'd have better computer Performance. Since then I've been getting random bsods when using it. With error readings like nvlddmkm.sys, rtkbtfilter.sys....
  6. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  7. Abrupt BSOD while gaming after installing new SSD.

Abrupt BSOD while gaming after installing new SSD.: Hello, I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game. Said game is Escape From Tarkov, its a first person shooter that uses a launcher and its only online. The SSD I installed is a gen4 pci m.2 nvme,...
  8. Windows BSOD after installing new nvme ssd

Windows BSOD after installing new nvme ssd: CPU: Ryzen7 2700x Mobo: Asus X570-P GPU: Nvidia GTX1070Ti My computer has BSOD with code KERNAL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION and KERNAL_SERCUITY_CHECK_FAILURE This error occurs after I installed a new nvme ssd. I can disable the SSD in safe mode and enable it after logging...
  9. Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed

Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed: I installed a new SSD in my PC and imaged my old SSD onto it, which caused it to crash randomly on the login page, reboot randomly, run very very slowly (upwards of 5 minutes to open the start menu, for instance), and freeze a lot. I reimaged, same thing. So I did a clean...
  10. BSOD after SSD install

BSOD after SSD install: I installed a new SSD, not in raid, that was meant to run my virtual machines for school. This was a few months ago and they have been happening frequently. A full restore of windows was completed yesterday and I deleted everything because I am done with school, the BSOD's...