Windows 10: Abrupt BSOD while gaming after installing new SSD.

Discus and support Abrupt BSOD while gaming after installing new SSD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game. Said game is Escape... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lokito50, Sep 28, 2020.

1. lokito50 Win User

Abrupt BSOD while gaming after installing new SSD.

Hello,

I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game.
    Said game is Escape From Tarkov, its a first person shooter that uses a launcher and its only online. The SSD I installed is a gen4 pci m.2 nvme, more specifically the Silicon Power US70 1TB. I have tried swapping the m.2 SSDs to both slots of the motherboard with no luck. Other games seem to run fine as far as I know(I haven't tried gaming for a while on another game) and now I am running out of ideas of what to troubleshoot. I tried running the V2 log but it seems that the system is not creating a memory dump. I have disabled fast boot both in the bios and in windows also.

I'm looking for someone to help me out. Here is the zip file.

Thank youDESKTOP-L3SPFS2-(2020-09-27_22-20-09).zip

:)

lokito50, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Alej_516 Win User

Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD

Hello,

I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game.

Said game is Escape From Tarkov, its a first person shooter that uses a launcher and its only online. The SSD I installed is a gen4 pci m.2 nvme, more specifically the Silicon Power US70 1TB. I have tried swapping the m.2 SSDs to both slots of the motherboard
    with no luck. Other games seem to run fine as far as I know(I haven't tried gaming for a while on another game) and now I am running out of ideas of what to troubleshoot. I have disabled fast boot both in the bios and in windows also.

My system:

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570 TUF Wifi

TeamForce 16GB DDR4 3733Mhz CL16

Silicon Power US70 1TB Gen4 nvme SSD (the new SSD, OS drive)

HP ex920 1TB nvme SSD

Samsung QVO 860 2TB SSD

3xHDDs

Fractal Design Ion+ 760p PSU

Custom watercooling loop.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

Disabled fast boot

Updated and reverted bios

Install game in second nvme drive

switch drives's slots

formatted the gen4 drive with a fresh install of windows 10

Attached is the minidump file I managed to get after doing the driver verifier thing.

092720-11015-01.zip

Thank you

Alej_516, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Saus76 Win User
    Installing games with Windows Game Pass Missing SSD?

Ive just got the gamepass for windows and am trying to install games onto the SSD drive I use for games. The problem is my Games SSD isnt listed, my other 2 SSDs and a WD Black hard drive are in the list though.

The ssd works and is listed in disk management, but if I got into the windows settings and storage it isnt listed there either.

Can anyone tell em why this is or whats going on please?

Saus76, Sep 28, 2020
  4. X-PhilS Win User

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Abrupt BSOD while gaming after installing new SSD. - Similar Threads - Abrupt BSOD while

2. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  3. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  4. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Having BSODs while gaming after installing new RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having BSODs while gaming after installing new RAM: Hello.I'd like to request some insight on an event log. I get BSODs when I'm playing a game called Defense of the Ancients 2 Dota 2, and this is what I've found in the event log. This started happening after I installed two new 8GB RAMs of 3200 MHz in my PC. I have done a...
  6. Having BSODs while gaming after installing new RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having BSODs while gaming after installing new RAM: Hello.I'd like to request some insight on an event log. I get BSODs when I'm playing a game called Defense of the Ancients 2 Dota 2, and this is what I've found in the event log. This started happening after I installed two new 8GB RAMs of 3200 MHz in my PC. I have done a...
  7. Getting alot of bsods after installing new SSD

Getting alot of bsods after installing new SSD: I recently installed a 500gb SSD by western digital into my computer and threw windows 10 on it, so overall I'd have better computer Performance. Since then I've been getting random bsods when using it. With error readings like nvlddmkm.sys, rtkbtfilter.sys....
  8. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  9. Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD

Abrupt BSOD after installing a new SSD: Hello, I recently installed a new SSD on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I have been getting abrupt BSODs when running a specific game. Said game is Escape From Tarkov, its a first person shooter that uses a launcher and its only online. The SSD I installed is a gen4 pci m.2 nvme,...
  10. Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed

Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed: I installed a new SSD in my PC and imaged my old SSD onto it, which caused it to crash randomly on the login page, reboot randomly, run very very slowly (upwards of 5 minutes to open the start menu, for instance), and freeze a lot. I reimaged, same thing. So I did a clean...