Windows 10: Abrupt failure

Discus and support Abrupt failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When switching on the PC, It works as it is perfect. But after sometime the screen displays the message " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hariharan.K, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Abrupt failure

When switching on the PC, It works as it is perfect. But after sometime the screen displays the message " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting the some error info and we'll restart for you ".Please suggest me a solution.

:)

hariharan.K, Jan 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 21, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Abrupt failure

WIndows 10 SECOND_BOOT failure updating to 1903

It was impossible to tell from your initial post whether you could even get into Windows because of all the failure you described. Therefore to be absolutely thorough I gave you how to recover if you couldn't get Windows started.

I also included the check list for overcoming version failures which works from for 90% of those who try the steps.

Please confirm you tried all steps in that check list which works for 90% of the tens of thousands of people who I have helped while building that list. If not then I will continue to help you until the matter is resolved as long as you are polite and cooperative.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Abrupt failure

1. Abrupt failure - Similar Threads - Abrupt failure

2. Windows Security dialog closes abruptly and freezes calling app when trying to use USB Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Security dialog closes abruptly and freezes calling app when trying to use USB Key: When trying to authenticate to my google account either on Chrome or Edge using my titan security key, the Windows Security dialog comes up, after I insert my key and touch it the dialog closes abruptly and my browser shows the typical message "Something went wrong" "Try...
  3. On Win 10 Update: abrupt down-level failure.Last Operation: FinalizeError: 0x80004005 - 0x50016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On Win 10 Update: abrupt down-level failure.Last Operation: FinalizeError: 0x80004005 - 0x50016: Hi all,I have been trying to update my current Win 10 Pro x64 for some months now. It keeps failing though. I've tried a LOT already, hoping to get some additional ideas here.The first 20 tries were the feature update to 20H2, recently several attempts with 21H1 All the...
  4. Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing: Ok so earlier today I was doing windows security scans just as a precaution I do every once in a while when a weird thing happened, while the bar was relatively near the end it abruptly "completed" it. And my first thought was, "oh the loading bar must've just lagged a...
  5. Windows not opening stuck in loop after abrupt reset stop.

Windows not opening stuck in loop after abrupt reset stop.: So I reset my Windows and it was at 10% completion. Suddenly my laptop switched off due to low battery which I didn't notice. Now, i restarted the computer and windows is not booting. It's stuck at the company logo and restarts again and again stuck in boot loop. Kindly help....
  6. Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.: I'm unsure of where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong subreddit for this kinda thing. I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1, and recently my audio drivers have stopped working. I have an i5-4570 with an NVIDIA GTX 1650, running Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 18363.535. Realtek...
  7. PS4 Controller Abruptly One Day Disabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller Abruptly One Day Disabled?: Hi, Yeah so like to subject says, I'm a gamer. I usually play often but as of late not so much. I always connect my PS4 controller through a USB to my computer. Today I hopped on my game after awhile of not playing and to my surprise my computer isn't catching on! I've...
  8. Computer abruptly shutting down

Computer abruptly shutting down: Hi, My computer just decides to shut down randomly and I'm not sure why it's doing this. I tried to find some more info and here's all I found. Any suggestions? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. File deleted automatically on abrupt shutdown of windows

File deleted automatically on abrupt shutdown of windows: After an abrupt shutdown of Windows, we are seeing the pg_ctl.exe file getting deleted automatically. The file is used to start and stop Postgres as a Windows service. Due to this Postgres service cannot be started and need to be re-installed. We have checked the...
  10. Windows error shutting down abruptly

Windows error shutting down abruptly: I replaced my Dell Inspirion 7737 laptop battery after it swelled up, with a non Dell battery, could not find a Dell battery at the time, it shut down a lot. Returned it and got another from another source that says Dell on it is it really a Dell? non idea and had been...