Windows 10: Abrupt reboots, no BSOD, dump files enabled, possibly USB-related

Discus and support Abrupt reboots, no BSOD, dump files enabled, possibly USB-related in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Note: The computer in question is my second PC on my system specs, not the one with the Asrock motherboard. My computer has been randomly rebooting on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OneLoveDrew, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Abrupt reboots, no BSOD, dump files enabled, possibly USB-related

Note: The computer in question is my second PC on my system specs, not the one with the Asrock motherboard.

My computer has been randomly rebooting on me. I could be doing something and then it'll reboot, which is causing me a massive headache. I also have it set so that it doesn't restart automatically, so I'm not sure what this is that's causing it. I have ruled out faulty hardware, so I can only think a setting is wrong somewhere or I did something wrong somehow myself. Doesn't help that I'm not getting a bluescreen at all.

As a side note each time before the abrupt and random reboot, there's a couple of errors in between some weird warnings in the event viewer that appear.
    • Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022
    • The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Please do let me know if you need more information and if I have the right section.

:)

OneLoveDrew, Aug 26, 2019

2. Frequent BSOD's, possibly MB/GPU related

Have had frequent BSOD's for an extended period of time, which seem to be hardware related seeing as they have persisted through multiple OS installs as well as driver reinstalls. BSOD's occur when browsing online as well as when gaming, with visual artifacting
    followed by BSOD when the GPU hits 70 degrees celsius in games, no pattern for BSOD's when browsing online. Error codes have often referred to drivers, page files, threads, many USB related errors, and general exceptions. A full list of dumps from the past
    month have been compiled into the rar file available at the following link: http://1drv.ms/1Ri6XWx

Expecting to have to replace my motherboard or graphics card, just not sure which (or maybe both) is the issue. Memtest86 and Chkdsk showed no errors, and substituting RAM had no impact.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom Angus

Thomas Angus, Aug 26, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums Abrupt reboots, no BSOD, dump files enabled, possibly USB-related :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Abrupt reboots, no BSOD, dump files enabled, possibly USB-related [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

4. Ryan Fra Win User

Abrupt reboots, no BSOD, dump files enabled, possibly USB-related

BSOD Dump File Analysis

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the dump file. While we are checking the information you've shared, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Troubleshoot blue screen.

Please let us know the result after following the steps.

Ryan Fra, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Abrupt reboots, no BSOD, dump files enabled, possibly USB-related

1. Abrupt reboots, no BSOD, dump files enabled, possibly USB-related - Similar Threads - Abrupt reboots BSOD

2. BSOD dump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD dump files: Hi - if someone could help me analyze these files to figure out why I keep getting a BSOD reference by pointer error message in Windows 10 I'd appreciate it!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao3bfbYL13ljhwe1mgnjgycogs1R?e=oWYfrx...
  3. BSOD dump files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD dump files: Hi - if someone could help me analyze these files to figure out why I keep getting a BSOD reference by pointer error message in Windows 10 I'd appreciate it!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao3bfbYL13ljhwe1mgnjgycogs1R?e=oWYfrx...
  4. WATCHDOG VIOLATION and the related dump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WATCHDOG VIOLATION and the related dump file: I have the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION with blue screen when I use word. My computer is surface book 2, windows 10 pro version 1909. Intel i7. I made the DUMP file as suggested in the forum, and the DUMP file is in the following address: link:...
  5. Computer freezing, possibly related to usb

Computer freezing, possibly related to usb: I've been having an issue with my computer for the past few weeks. The video and sound will freeze completely and after a few seconds, the sound will return with the sound notification as if something has been plugged into a USB port but the video does not unfreeze. When I...
  6. BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?

BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?: Hi, so I keep on getting frequent different errored blue screens and I think it may have something to do with my tablet driver. Although they used to happen almost 5+ times a day before, a quick system reinstall fixed it. They now only seem to reliably happen when I'm using...
  7. BSOD for no reason on New Win10Pro install. Possible USB related.

BSOD for no reason on New Win10Pro install. Possible USB related.: Hi there, I have the Asus P9x79 Pro motherboard. Windows 10 jacked up my system some time ago and the latest update caused a several minute lag on my login screen. I also ran into DCP Watchdog violation BSOD at least once a day. I did a clean install using Microsoft's...
  8. BSOD - Possibly hardware related?

BSOD - Possibly hardware related?: Hi all, I have an MSi GT70 20C Laptop that I've had numerous problems with. When I first ordered this laptop it was dead on arrival, and had to be shipped back for fixing. Since i've gotten it back, I have had BSODs ranging from 0-2 times a week up to 6 times in a...
  9. Bugcheck possibly USB drive related

Bugcheck possibly USB drive related: Hi find attached the bug check report, only two things that I can think of that would have caused this is USB drives attached, using KeepAliveHD to have my Western Digital My Book Drive not go to sleep or the GEFORCE drivers, which is updated but I do know there is issues...
  10. Occasional BSOD - Possibly internet related?

Occasional BSOD - Possibly internet related?: I have had my computer BSOD 5-6 times in roughly the past 2 weeks. The error on the BSOD is always CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and it typically happens when I am surfing the web. Once, it happened while watching a video file on my drive. Before the BSOD shows up, the computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wd my book causing critical kernel-power reboot

2. pc reboots no dump files

3. windows 10 Crash dumps are enabled but no dump file found

4. ovrservicelauncher cannot be found