Windows 10: Absent and Vanishing 2004 in Windows Update

Discus and support Absent and Vanishing 2004 in Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If there's another thread that targets my experience with Windows Update, please link it up in a reply. Dell i3-6100/H110 system running Home since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rey Redbad, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Absent and Vanishing 2004 in Windows Update

If there's another thread that targets my experience with Windows Update, please link it up in a reply.

Dell i3-6100/H110 system running Home since first power-up 2017.
    Got "2004 on it's way" in June and July. The 2004 feature update showed up in August. I couldn't devote the time for it at that point. In September, it was gone, only 1909 cumulative and .NET updates. Still on 1909, it's reporting up to date.

i9-9900K/Z390 built in February, running Pro installed from a 1909 OEI DVD.
    Never a peep about 2004. 1909 cumulative and .NET updates. Still on 1909, it's reporting up to date.

(As I usually wait three weeks after The Tuesday, I won't know what October will bring. I'll report back when I find out.)

In scouring teh intuhwebz and various forums, I am not alone in this, so in the meantime, with 20H2 arriving this month, what bodes for those still running 1909 and using Windows Update? Continue waiting for 2004? Or will 20H2 show up as a 2004/20H2 update??

I'm loathe to force a manual update on either system. Windows Update "thinks" these systems are incompatible, so then would the compatibility checker.

Sidebar:
    E8400/G35 system, built in 2008, running Pro since 2014, Insider Program Tech Preview, slow ring. Removed it from the program about three years ago.
    Got 2004 feature update in August. Or July, I forget.

Back in the 90's, keeping NT4 systems updated was easier...

:)

Rey Redbad, Oct 12, 2020
  2. templar Win User

Windows Security Center Icon vanished

Version 2004

Greetings people,

My Windows Security Centre Icon has vanished. Every time I boot it will appear for half a second then vanish and not return. I've run System File Checker and there are no errors. It's switched on in task bar settings.

Any suggestions?

templar, Oct 12, 2020
  3. borgus Win User
    2004 build

In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time...

Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the Start Menu troubleshooter (now deprecated) lists search errors

DISM can't find its file and SFC reports an error, where non existed in the 1909 build.

Realtek HD audio is missing the CPL applet, despite install of new drivers. And audio has been 'iffy' - vanishing at times.

Confirmation? Suggestions? Thanks.

borgus, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Absent and Vanishing 2004 in Windows Update

Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Absent and Vanishing 2004 in Windows Update

1. Absent and Vanishing 2004 in Windows Update - Similar Threads - Absent Vanishing 2004

2. Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent: Hello,Issue: Installed Windows Update does not show/list in the Control Panel -> Installed Update. This has been observed every month in multiple servers and desktops so obviously this is not a system-level issue and might be as per Microsoft design. We have noticed that...
  3. Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent: Hello,Issue: Installed Windows Update does not show/list in the Control Panel -> Installed Update. This has been observed every month in multiple servers and desktops so obviously this is not a system-level issue and might be as per Microsoft design. We have noticed that...
  4. Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update 22H2 vanished

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update 22H2 vanished: Hi,I'm running windows 11 on my laptop.Windows update showed 22H2 as ready to install. I tried to download and install it but got an error - I didn't note the number but it looks similar to several that I've seen online.Not the message about the update being ready has...
  6. Update 22H2 vanished

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update 22H2 vanished: Hi,I'm running windows 11 on my laptop.Windows update showed 22H2 as ready to install. I tried to download and install it but got an error - I didn't note the number but it looks similar to several that I've seen online.Not the message about the update being ready has...
  7. Absent HP printer driver trying to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Absent HP printer driver trying to update: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5458 with Windows 10. Every time it updates, is shown the message "HP printer 4/22/2009 12:00:00 AM 10.0.17119.1 status: pending installation" Fun fact: I don't have any HP printer. How can I solve this?...
  8. Absent Bluetooth Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Absent Bluetooth Drivers: My bluetooth has not been working for the past few days. I am not quite sure what caused the problem but it is here nonetheless. I have attempted to redownload the drivers as well as manually reset my PC but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas?...
  9. updates vanished

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates vanished: Well this is a super weird one. I started to experiment with sleep mode by manually putting PC in sleep mode. I only did this if I was leaving the PC for more than 30 minutes and only started this yesterday around 3pm. All was well until I went to bed last night (it was...
  10. Update History Vanished.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History Vanished.: I have just downloaded the latest updates and re-started my computer but Update History in Settings informs me that "No Updates have been installed yet". So where has my long list of updates gone, any ideas please? I am still on version 1607. . 90887