Windows 10: Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files

Discus and support Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve recently had a lot of issues regarding storage space on my laptop specifically, I only have about 29.8 GB of space left out of 476, with just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by soloroki, Nov 25, 2021.

1. soloroki Win User

Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files

I’ve recently had a lot of issues regarding storage space on my laptop specifically, I only have about 29.8 GB of space left out of 476, with just about zero applications remaining on my laptop. TreeSize pointed out that about 446 GB of my 476 available has been occupied by the Program Files x86 folder, mainly composed of Steam games that are no longer on my laptop. I’ve uninstalled said games with multiple programs Control Panel, Settings>System>Storage>Apps&Features, and uninstalling from Steam, but the program files still remain, taking up almost all of my available stora

:)

soloroki, Nov 25, 2021

2. Delete Programs Files or Program Files(x86)?

how to delete program files (x86)

RahulBisht07, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Tommygunn Win User
    Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files

Administartor rights lost in program file and program files x86

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the files and folders on Program file and Program file x86, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • Is this issue specific only to the Programs file and Program file x86 folders?

Step 1: If you have logged-in as an administrator, I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can access the specific files.

• Right click on the folder and click on
      Properties
    • Click on Security tab and select the
      group\user name.
    • Click on Edit option and check the option
      Full control.
    • Click on Apply and then on
      Ok
      button.

Step 2: Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the C: Drive that you want to take ownership of, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click
      OK on the Security message, if one appears.
    • Click Advanced, and then click the
      Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name,
      Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the
      Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.

• You may receive the following error message, where
      Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
      You do not have permission to read the co1ntents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press
      Yes.
    6. Click Yes.

7. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files

1. Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files - Similar Threads - Absent games taking

2. Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files: I’ve recently had a lot of issues regarding storage space on my laptop specifically, I only have about 29.8 GB of space left out of 476, with just about zero applications remaining on my laptop. TreeSize pointed out that about 446 GB of my 476 available has been occupied by...
  3. Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absent games taking up space in Program Files x86 and Program Files: I’ve recently had a lot of issues regarding storage space on my laptop specifically, I only have about 29.8 GB of space left out of 476, with just about zero applications remaining on my laptop. TreeSize pointed out that about 446 GB of my 476 available has been occupied by...
  4. “ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86

“ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86: This is this weird file which i dont know what it does. For Program Files x86, there is this application that doesnt even do. What does this file do?...
  5. Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86): I have a x64 PC, can I delete the duplicate installations of programs in Program Files (x86) that are also installed in Program Files? 157505
  6. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  7. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Support
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  8. program files and program files x86

program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  9. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...