Windows 10: Absent HP printer driver trying to update

Discus and support Absent HP printer driver trying to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5458 with Windows 10. Every time it updates, is shown the message "HP printer 4/22/2009 12:00:00 AM 10.0.17119.1 status:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdsonBertini, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Absent HP printer driver trying to update

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5458 with Windows 10.

Every time it updates, is shown the message "HP printer 4/22/2009 12:00:00 AM 10.0.17119.1 status: pending installation"

Fun fact: I don't have any HP printer. How can I solve this?

:)

EdsonBertini, Jan 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 update won't install printer driver - Error 0x80240017

Recently I got a driver update for my HP printer delivered through the Windows 10 updater. It seems that the driver was successfully downloaded but cannot be properly installed, every time I try I'll get the following error:

The printer is actually a network printer. I checked the driver through the device manager and the newest driver is supposedly already installed. So I went ahead and uninstalled the printer (which is now a problem since I cannot simply add the printer again because I have no access to the network currently) to get rid of the update error, but the error still persists. Troubleshooting the updater also has no effect.

Now I wanted to check the registry entries (as was suggested here) for the printer in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print but the HP printer doesn't show up any more (maybe uninstalling was too early) and therefore I have no idea what registries I could delete without breaking anything.

Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed? Maybe even a complete different approach?

EDIT:

• the suggested approach in the comments to install the HP driver suite didn't work for me

user190080, Jan 4, 2021
  3. GeraldC1 Win User
    Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled

HP printer driver updates reinstall on my desktop despite the HP Printer having been uninstalled long ago and it does not appear on the printer device list. I just recently was advised on how to stop the windows HP Printer updates, which worked, but now
    see in the update history that the HP driver was installed.

GeraldC1, Jan 4, 2021
  4. helloha Win User

Absent HP printer driver trying to update

Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

The following steps worked for me:

1. Remove HP printer via classic Control panel>Hardware and Sound>Right click on HP printer to remove it. OR Windows Settings> Devices>Printers and scanners>Click on HP printer in list and Remove device.

2. Remove HP Basic printer driver via classic Control panel> Uninstall a program (Remove e-Print via Windows Settings). OR Windows settings> Apps> HP driver uninstall and HP e-Print uninstall.

3. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. Type printui.exe /s and click OK opens Print Server Properties.
    Click on Drivers tab. Under installed printer drivers look for HP e-Print click on it and click Remove at the bottom and then exit.

4. Open Windows Settings or classic Control Panel and add printer. If your printer is connected to your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet windows will find it. Select your printer and windows will install the driver.
    Do not use printer driver from HP as this will re-install e-Print.

I hope this helps someone.
    PS HP sort your software out; many people are using Windows 10 and they don't need to struggle to get HP products to work!

helloha, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Absent HP printer driver trying to update

1. Absent HP printer driver trying to update - Similar Threads - Absent printer driver

2. HP Printer Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Driver Problem: Downloaded the printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro 400 series, M451dn. Attempted to install, restarted, unplugged, restarted again and continue to get the fatal error message unable to install. Works fine on other computers without Windows 10 Pro....
  3. HP Printer driver problem.

HP Printer driver problem.: Lately when I run windows update I see this: A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. Then if I say retry I get this: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741 Successfully...
  4. Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled

Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled: HP printer driver updates reinstall on my desktop despite the HP Printer having been uninstalled long ago and it does not appear on the printer device list. I just recently was advised on how to stop the windows HP Printer updates, which worked, but now see in the update...
  5. HP Printer driver included in Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Printer driver included in Microsoft update: I received this printer update as an "Optional" Microsoft update . The update is "HP - Printer - 4/22/2009 12:00:00 AM - 10.0.17119.1". I checked my printer for updates and it states my printer is up to date. HP Officejet Pro 8600 The printer is working fine. Why has it...
  6. Hp Printer Drivers- Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Printer Drivers- Windows 10 Update: Tried to print photos for the first time in over a month. It failed. Device manager indicates no drivers for the hp printer which I can only assume is due to a windows 10 update as I have two machines and both provide the same information. Tried removing all hp software and...
  7. HP 990CXI printer driver

HP 990CXI printer driver: I was looking to purchase a new in box HP 990CXI printer. This is an older but very sturdy printer. I was checking to determine if Win 10 has a built-in driver for an HP 990CXI printer. There is none available from HP. Thanks....
  8. Driver for my HP Printer

Driver for my HP Printer: Within the last week (I am writing this question on 14 June 2019). I have reset my HP laptop and re-installed Windows 10. Since then my HP Photosmart D7360 has stopped working and any number of solutions suggested by the HP Support website fail to suggest a suitable driver....
  9. Absent Bluetooth Drivers

Absent Bluetooth Drivers: My bluetooth has not been working for the past few days. I am not quite sure what caused the problem but it is here nonetheless. I have attempted to redownload the drivers as well as manually reset my PC but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas?...
  10. Hp printer driver

Hp printer driver: Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being...