Windows 10: Absolute volume and Bluetooth

Discus and support Absolute volume and Bluetooth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any fix to be able to control Bluetooth speakers via the OS? This has been broken for a year now and I cannot find a permanent way around it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ghost-by-the-Shadow, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Absolute volume and Bluetooth

Is there any fix to be able to control Bluetooth speakers via the OS? This has been broken for a year now and I cannot find a permanent way around it. The registry fix is not working anymore, at least not for me. Bluetooth goodies have an app to fix this but it's insane that we need to pay to get a feature that was working before and was stupidly broken by Microsoft with an update.

submitted by /u/Ghost-by-the-Shadow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ghost-by-the-Shadow, Nov 2, 2019
  2. BoppreH Win User

Disable Absolute Volume in Windows 10 bluetooth stack

A few months ago Windows 10 introduced update 1803, which changed the volume control for bluetooth devices. My Augustus EP650 bluetooth headphones used to have separate volume control on the desktop and on the device itself (e.g. you could make the Windows volume very loud, but the device volume very quiet, for an average final volume). After the update both volumes are now linked and change together.

This wouldn't be a problem, if the minimum volume wasn't extremely loud, the granularity decreased to 6 points, and going below 6 more often than not mutes the headphone permanently until a restart.

Searching around I found a reddit thread from around the same time, and the following comment from a Microsoft developer:

Windows 10 latest update removed bluetooth volume granularity. : Windows10

I have all available Windows updates and updated drivers, and the headphone works fine on my Android phone.

How do I disable this "absolute volume" feature to regain the level of control that was available before?

BoppreH, Nov 2, 2019
  3. simonn Win User
    simonn, Nov 2, 2019
  4. archz2 Win User

Absolute volume and Bluetooth

How do i control Bluetooth speaker volume independently

Thanks for posting this solution man! Microsoft's bad registry entry is the culprit and all this while I've been thinking about some bluetooth driver causing the trouble.

archz2, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Absolute volume and Bluetooth

1. Absolute volume and Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Absolute volume Bluetooth

2. Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue: My headset is suddenly having issues I never had before. I wasn't able to adjust the volume at all, so I had to go in the registry and set the disable absolute volume to 1This let me adjust the volume again, but now my top volume is basically just the normal level and I can't...
  3. Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue: My headset is suddenly having issues I never had before. I wasn't able to adjust the volume at all, so I had to go in the registry and set the disable absolute volume to 1This let me adjust the volume again, but now my top volume is basically just the normal level and I can't...
  4. Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to keep Windows updates from resetting modified Bluetooth Absolute Volume registry values?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep Windows updates from resetting modified Bluetooth Absolute Volume registry values?: I have a pair of wireless Bluetooth speakers that require me to disable absolute volume to be able to control their volume levels from my Win11 desktop, by editing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT DisableAbsoluteVolume field set to...
  6. Absolute volume works only one way.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Absolute volume works only one way.: I have connected a pair of BT headphones to my ThinkPad L14, Win 10 Pro 20H2. System and all drivers are up to date. Headphones are Sound Blaster EVO Zx. When I turn on the headphones and they connect I can control the Windows volume with the headphones only for a few...
  7. Major Bluetooth issues with Absolute Volume on 5 different Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major Bluetooth issues with Absolute Volume on 5 different Windows 10 PCs: I have 5 different Windows PCs (4 desktops, 1 laptop) and I am have issues with volume on a few different Bluetooth audio devices. I have a Logitech Bluetooth Adapter and Apple AirPods with issues (only present on Windows 10). The volume wouldn't change in Windows, so I read...
  8. Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update: Ever since updating from 7 to 10 earlier this year, I have used this regedit to prevent intolerable beeping every time I try to adjust the volume for my Edifier bluetooth speakers. However, with the recent Windows 2004 update, the edit no longer works. I have confirmed that...
  9. How to disable Absolute Volume on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Absolute Volume on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Bluetooth Headphones, as you know, connect to your phone wirelessly. This ability enables you to talk on the phone or listen to music without using wires or cords. You can even adjust the volume of a left or right speaker. [...] This post How to disable...
  10. Bluetooth volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth volume: On the 29/7/15 I installed windows 10. I have a Jabra wireless headphones. The cool thing was when i modified volume on the earpiece. There was a corresponding volume bar in windows that synced with my volume. Now its gone. Instead i have to modify volume from volume...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. absolute volume control bluetooth