Windows 10: Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update

Discus and support Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since updating from 7 to 10 earlier this year, I have used this regedit to prevent intolerable beeping every time I try to adjust the volume for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sandrakarr, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update

Ever since updating from 7 to 10 earlier this year, I have used this regedit to prevent intolerable beeping every time I try to adjust the volume for my Edifier bluetooth speakers. However, with the recent Windows 2004 update, the edit no longer works. I have confirmed that it's still in place, but every time try and adjust volume via laptop controls, it beeps at me.
    The laptop is an oldish Lenovo T540 updated to 2004 today (19041.329), the speakers in question are Edifier 1700 BT.

submitted by /u/sandrakarr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sandrakarr, Jun 22, 2020

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Jun 22, 2020
  3. nfshp253 Win User
    Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such an issue with using the Jump Lists for Notepad++. Anyone know a solution to this?

Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update [​IMG]

nfshp253, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Pipps Win User

Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update

1. Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update - Similar Threads - Absolute volume regedit

2. regedit is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regedit is broken: Hello i upgraded my computer from win10 -> win11 but when i was trying to log into my fb i have 2fa here i saw that there is win10 then i opened regedit and there is that i have win10 but im using win11 can u help me how to update it or something...
  3. regedit is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regedit is broken: Hello i upgraded my computer from win10 -> win11 but when i was trying to log into my fb i have 2fa here i saw that there is win10 then i opened regedit and there is that i have win10 but im using win11 can u help me how to update it or something...
  4. SMB broken after update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SMB broken after update to 2004: Hi everybody, after updating to Win10 2004 I can't access SMB shares anymore. When I try to connect I get the error "0x80004005" after it loads for a while. This seems to be a common problem due to the deprecation of SMB1. Still none of the suggestions I could find (from...
  5. Calculator is broken after update to 2004.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Calculator is broken after update to 2004.: I updated to Windows 10 2004, but after I did the calculator was broken in the start menu. If I type in the start menu "calculator" on the right side of the start menu where there are options such as open, but under open there are 4 options that all say...
  6. Windows 2004 update from effects of regedit or scripts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 2004 update from effects of regedit or scripts?: I'm curious if any registry edits or scripts used in/for 1909, might have caused Windows update to 2004 to abort, or caused the problems for this update. Is this update so poorly written that most users have to "undo" what they choose with their files and antivirus...
  7. Absolute volume and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absolute volume and Bluetooth: Is there any fix to be able to control Bluetooth speakers via the OS? This has been broken for a year now and I cannot find a permanent way around it. The registry fix is not working anymore, at least not for me. Bluetooth goodies have an app to fix this but it's insane that...
  8. How to disable Absolute Volume on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Absolute Volume on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Bluetooth Headphones, as you know, connect to your phone wirelessly. This ability enables you to talk on the phone or listen to music without using wires or cords. You can even adjust the volume of a left or right speaker. [...] This post How to disable...
  9. My windows is absolutely broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows is absolutely broken: So, ive tried to update my pc since the last time was 3 months ago and every time i check for updates i get an error. Ive tried the service stack and i get an error. I get an error upon error upon error and im almost about to do a true clean boot for bios settings. Im getting...
  10. regedit search broken again 14393.105

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit search broken again 14393.105: Just noticed regedit search is broken again like it was before. If you search for something that is not found it hangs. I tried regseeker to search and it also hung at 97%. 62514