Windows 10: Absolutely disruptive useless popup Windows 10

Discus and support Absolutely disruptive useless popup Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is a blue rectangular box that pops up in the lower right of the screen, ostensibly to announce new emails among other things. Not only is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SBYH, Jul 19, 2020.

1. SBYH Win User

Absolutely disruptive useless popup Windows 10

There is a blue rectangular box that pops up in the lower right of the screen, ostensibly to announce new emails among other things. Not only is it often hours out of date meaning the emails were sent or received hours ago so it's pointless, but it interrupts what you're doing and often hides important information, sits there for on the order of 60 seconds, won't go away, and doesn't say what app sent the notification. I want to make it stop the notices.

Also, I believe the following is related. If you click on an email address link anywhere in Office including in Outlook, it starts a message using some mysterious, again unidentified app, which I think is that thing called Mail in my Programs list. Can't even tell if it's a MIcrosoft product but it has a color similar to the popup mentioned above. Would like to stop that also.

This has been driving me crazy for at least a year, but I now have a brand-new install of Windows 10 Pro so I'm finally pretty sure it's some Microsoft thing.

How to stop this ridiculous useless disruptive nonsense?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Absolutely disruptive useless popup Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Absolutely disruptive useless

2. Help please!! How to get rid of useless and disruptive school or work account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help please!! How to get rid of useless and disruptive school or work account: Here is my issue. I once assisted in a lecture at a University, and was asked to use Microsoft Teams. I needed to create a school or work account on my local computer linked to the school to do this. This has made my life a nightmare. I no longer need this account at all, but...
  3. Windows 10 is completely useless

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is completely useless: My Hp laptop was working fine the other day, but now all of a sudden I can’t click on anything in my taskbar, sometimes it’ll boot up to a black screen, sometimes it’ll boot up and get stuck on the log in screen and won’t let me log in, and sometimes it’ll boot up to only my...
  4. Windows 10 Going Absolutely Crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Going Absolutely Crazy: Please don't ask me how i got to this point. So i got a new laptop around 10 months ago and around 10-15 weeks after that i signed up for the windows insider program. Everything was fine until around a month ago, i updated, Green Screen I downgraded, everything was...
  5. Windows 10 useless apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 useless apps: Hello! Can anyone make me a list of apps and programs that come pre-installed with Windows 10 and always that are useless/just dont make any sense and just slow up your pc? For example I was running Task Manager and found out I was running Skype but couldn't see it anywhere...
  6. Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903: The forced Windows 10 1903 update really did a doozy on my PC. Thank you very much! Several hours today a real Microsoft tech attempted to make the fix but no go it's now been escalated to level 2, and an appointment set for tomorrow. Extremely high CPU usage makes this...
  7. Windows 10 Sandbox is utterly useless

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Sandbox is utterly useless: I'm on the latest feature update v1903. Has anyone else seen these issues with the sandbox?(:) says it needs to be activated (the host is activated) can't get files on the sandbox other than using cloud storage (e.g.: OneDrive); can't copy/drag & drop/use external storage...
  8. home disruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home disruption: hello ,,,, everything working on home (2) computors BUT when grandson plugs his in ,,, all others then cease to function at all when he plugs his computor in at friends or uncles house ,,,all is o.k seems only at uncles house everything ceases to function ??...
  9. Windows 10 multiple desktops – useless?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 multiple desktops – useless?: Hi, I’ve been using Windows 10 now for a while and asking myself if it would be worth using the virtual desktops/workspaces feature. ([WIN] + [TAB]) I’m thinking of using it for different tasks at work. First desktop work with my IDE and working on code: using the IDE, the...
  10. Windows 10 development for absolute beginners

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 development for absolute beginners: The absolute beginners series is back for Windows 10. It doesn’t matter if you’re a pro dev or just starting out, there’s valuable content for everyone. If you’re looking for a faster pace content that dives deep, the Developer’s Guide to Windows 10 series may be for you. The...