Windows 10: Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

Discus and support Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GRM motoghost, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it?

:)

GRM motoghost, Apr 24, 2024
  2. Try3 Win User

None of the methods to disable Copilot work, can't even hide it

I suggest you post your question in the tutorial thread to find out if Brink or the other tutorial participants can help you Enable or Disable Copilot - TenForumsTutorials Best of luck, Denis

3. Indy74 Win User
    Uninstalling CoPilot - How?

Thanks, fiat_lux!

I as much as you thought that if the application was not activated therefore it's not installed and deleted the folder. But i was wrong.

Two things remained:

a) the shortcut in the programs list - i thought it was a .lnk file and did a search but there wasn't such file in any directory.

b) a big 8mb. file in windows directory which is untouchable("delete"option is not active) - which actually was the only file with "copilot" name in the directories at all.

Then i did a hard reset hoping those two would disappear, but when the handset started i sadly found out that nothing had changed. Even more: the folder i previously deleted was there again.

So my wild guess is that "copilot" is somehow locked to the firmware and it can't be removed. And that big 8mb. file i mentioned above is actually the installable CoPilot.

I'm afraid i'll need more "hard" approach to get rid of these annoying program. ROM editor or something?

Thanks again for the reply.

Indy74, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

What is Copilot and How did it get on my PC?

Here you go:

https://www.itechtics.com/?dl_id=144

Group Policy Editor Link for W11 installation

Run as Administrator and allow to install

NB: MUST SELECT ENABLE first AS THIS ALLOWS APP TO TURN OFF THE PROGRAM

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor from the Windows search - type Gpedit.msc in the Run command and click icon

1. Navigate to the following folder in the Group Policy Editor window using the left panel:User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Copilot

1. On the right-side pane, double-click the 'Turn off Windows Copilot' policy.

1. Select 'Enabled' and click 'Apply' and then 'OK'. This allows the app to disable CoPilot

Click 'Disabled' then Apply to turn off CoPilot
    f

1. To re-enable Windows Copilot, follow the same steps and select 'Not configured' or 'Disabled'. Then, click 'Apply' and 'OK'.
    If the Copilot button is visible in the taskbar, it will disappear after you apply the policy. You do not need to restart your computer or enforce the Group Policies. The Copilot option will also disappear from the Settings app.

CarolynBurton2, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

1. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts - Similar Threads - Absolutely HATE COPILOT

2. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  3. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.: see subject. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-get-rid-of-copilot-permanently/a4bdc7c9-3a67-4257-9fc5-546f1d339956
  4. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.: see subject. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-get-rid-of-copilot-permanently/a4bdc7c9-3a67-4257-9fc5-546f1d339956
  5. How do I get rid of CoPilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of CoPilot: Hi,I don't want an AI on my laptop. I didn't ask for an AI, so why it was put there I don't know.How do I get it off my laptop. Not disable it, not put it in the background, get rid of it completely....
  6. How do I get rid of CoPilot

How do I get rid of CoPilot: Hi,I don't want an AI on my laptop. I didn't ask for an AI, so why it was put there I don't know.How do I get it off my laptop. Not disable it, not put it in the background, get rid of it completely....
  7. How do I get rid of Copilot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Copilot?: I don't know what happened other than my computer was unplugged and I plugged it back in. Poor design on the part of the manufacturer. The plug in the back of the machine should be very secure.But apparently there was some sort of update because the computer got turned off....
  8. How do I get rid of Copilot?

How do I get rid of Copilot?: I don't know what happened other than my computer was unplugged and I plugged it back in. Poor design on the part of the manufacturer. The plug in the back of the machine should be very secure.But apparently there was some sort of update because the computer got turned off....
  9. How to get rid of this thing very annoying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of this thing very annoying...: [ATTACH]Please help!! I do not want this icon <<<< here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-thing-very-annoying/f724e6fb-f676-4d81-b971-db237d193017
  10. How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?: [ATTACH] The label on the icon is: "Security mode is off." I disabled Defender startup icons but this one still persists. Any ideas? https://preview.redd.it/urnd2q9f60t61.png?width=224&format=png&auto=webp&s=ba5ec75908fa84893a176f88b112aa9b383bc23a submitted by...