Windows 10: Absolutely horrid performance

Discus and support Absolutely horrid performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; One of my sons has a Dell Inspiron 15 7000, I5, 8th Gen, 8Gb of memory, 2TB of disk. Starting a couple weeks ago, he began to experience some very bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jim C 13, May 23, 2021.

1. Jim C 13 Win User

Absolutely horrid performance

One of my sons has a Dell Inspiron 15 7000, I5, 8th Gen, 8Gb of memory, 2TB of disk. Starting a couple weeks ago, he began to experience some very bad performance issues that he told me about 2 or 3 days ago. I just spent 2 or 3 hours trying to figure something out, and I got nowhere.

:)

Jim C 13, May 23, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, May 23, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 23, 2021
  4. Absolutely horrid performance

Performance

Hi Ravivarma,

Since you are still experiencing the same issue even after performing a clean boot, you can check and follow the steps provided on this
    link. The tips on the link are listed in order, so we suggest that you start with the first one. If the issue
    persists, proceed to the next method.

Should you have further concerns, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Absolutely horrid performance

1. Absolutely horrid performance - Similar Threads - Absolutely horrid performance

2. Microsoft 11 is horrid!! slow and inefficient

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 11 is horrid!! slow and inefficient: I hate microsoft 11 it is slow, inefficient, it takes me an hour + longer to do simple tasks, I can't save to a file or save from a file in under 5 minutes.. the program lags, my mouse is jittery and shakes all over the place!!! i want 10 back...i don't have time to use 11! 1...
  3. Microsoft 11 is horrid!! slow and inefficient

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 11 is horrid!! slow and inefficient: I hate microsoft 11 it is slow, inefficient, it takes me an hour + longer to do simple tasks, I can't save to a file or save from a file in under 5 minutes.. the program lags, my mouse is jittery and shakes all over the place!!! i want 10 back...i don't have time to use 11! 1...
  4. Absolute ridiculousness

Absolute ridiculousness: Hi! So, in the last month or two, my computer has been having extremely long periods of time on the 'Welcome' screen. I'm still using Windows 10, as my device was apparently 'not able to update' to 11.Anyways, the times on the 'Welcome' screen have consistently taken between...
  5. Horrid Block Nyala Font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrid Block Nyala Font: I use Amharic text. Now I have this block Amharic font for Nyala and all other Amharic font. All my old Word files are in the old preferred Nyala text have been changed to the gross block Amharic text. Is this change in Windows 10 set in stone? Please help me....
  6. Horrid Block Nyala Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Horrid Block Nyala Font: I use Amharic text. Now I have this block Amharic font for Nyala and all other Amharic font. All my old Word files are in the old preferred Nyala text have been changed to the gross block Amharic text. Is this change in Windows 10 set in stone? Please help me....
  7. Horrid Block Nyala Font

8. HORRID BEHAVIOR OF FILE EXPLORER.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HORRID BEHAVIOR OF FILE EXPLORER.: What is the corporate strategic end game for Microsoft refusing to fix the horrid behavior of File Explorer? This among a handful of other totally annoying and disruptive behaviors in MS Word and MS Excel just seem to be ignored by each successive generation of development...
  9. horrid FPS drops and beeps. [laptop]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    horrid FPS drops and beeps. [laptop]: just today, I started getting FPS drops sporadically, and they won’t stop. When they happen I get a beep, the same one that occurs when I unplug the charger from my laptop. When I turn it on, there’s a black screen and a mouse. please help. I use this laptop for studying. I...
  10. Absolutely ridicules performance from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Absolutely ridicules performance from Microsoft: Do the people working at Microsoft understand that we use our machines mostly for work and not just for gaming of social media purposes? I run a number of CAD systems and since Microsoft started this never ending Windows 10 update loop I have to uninstall my CAD programs on...