Windows 10: Absolutely Ridiculous RAM usage by Game DVR in Windows. Is there a way to fix this ?

Discus and support Absolutely Ridiculous RAM usage by Game DVR in Windows. Is there a way to fix this ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm Running Windows 10 1809. My specs : Core i3 5010u, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, Nvidia Geforce 930m Graphics I used to record hours of game footage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A.Mohit, Feb 19, 2019.

1. A.Mohit Win User

Absolutely Ridiculous RAM usage by Game DVR in Windows. Is there a way to fix this ?

I'm Running Windows 10 1809.

My specs : Core i3 5010u, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, Nvidia Geforce 930m Graphics

I used to record hours of game footage via Game DVR/Game Bar previously and had no problems

Now, suddenly the usage has gone up by a ridiculous amount. Even Idle Recording of a minecraft main menu takes ~5 GB RAM in 5 mins !!

My System becomes unusable within a few minutes of recording and this is unacceptable. Is there any way to stop this ?

Absolutely Ridiculous RAM usage by Game DVR in Windows. Is there a way to fix this ? 06bd21ed-9345-416b-8e26-c95527ce4341?upload=true.png

Absolutely Ridiculous RAM usage by Game DVR in Windows. Is there a way to fix this ? b2d4d387-3d58-4117-a86b-d3eaa20a2aa0?upload=true.png

:)

A.Mohit, Feb 19, 2019
  2. SoLWiL Win User

Xbox DVR high ram usage

I've been playing Hearthstone and using the Xbox DVR to record in the background for those awesome moments. My main pc has no issues as it has 16 gb RAM, but I recently got a 4 gb RAM surface and started noticing some issues. RAM usage by Broadcast DVR server
    skyrockets from the normal 500ish MB to 1000+ from time to time. I was wondering if it was just a lack of memory and after some investigating, I think I've narrowed it down to this:

On my surface whenever I alt-tab out of my game while the DVR server is running, everything becomes sluggish. When checking the RAM usage in Task Manager, it turns out memory usage is 97%+ due to the issue from above. Eventually the DVR server closes itself
    (I suppose due to too much RAM usage).

So I tried it out on my laptop, RAM usage by the DVR server sits at 600ish MB. I have a dual monitor setup.
    Whenever my mouse hovers outside of my monitor that is being used to play my full screen game/ any activity outside the game display, RAM usage starts climbing.
    I saw it climb up to 4000+ MB! If I go back to the game or move the other window back to the main screen and use it on top of the full screen game, RAM eventually drops back down to 600ish MB.

My question is, why does this happen? And is there a fix so that I could do stuff on my second display without super high ram usage?

SoLWiL, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Game DVR

Sometimes, a recording doesn't end correctly. When that happens, you'll need to restart Game DVR to fix the problem. Here are the steps:

• Close the game.
    • In the search box on the Windows taskbar, enter Task manager, and then select that desktop app.
    • In Task Manager, select More details.
    • In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select
      End task.
    • Restart the game and try recording again.

Catherine Cus., Feb 19, 2019
  4. Absolutely Ridiculous RAM usage by Game DVR in Windows. Is there a way to fix this ?

Game DVR only recorded one or twice, how do I fix it?

I have been to the following link and checked all the following steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...r-windows-10#7b01dd01950d492aa6a353d958d63735

Sometimes, a recording doesn't end correctly. When that happens, you'll need to restart Game DVR to fix the problem:

• Close the game.
    • In the search box on the Windows taskbar, enter Task manager, and then select that desktop app.
    • In Task Manager, select More details.
    • In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select End task.
    • Restart the game and try recording again.

But there's a problem. The steps never state what to do if I can't find the Broadcast DVR Server. I need help. Please respond asap! Thank you! <3

WillCopeland, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Absolutely Ridiculous RAM usage by Game DVR in Windows. Is there a way to fix this ?

1. Absolutely Ridiculous RAM usage by Game DVR in Windows. Is there a way to fix this ? - Similar Threads - Absolutely Ridiculous RAM

2. RAM usage way higher then it should be

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage way higher then it should be: My ram usage on my laptop is waaay higher then taskmanager says, like it has 16gb of ram and with only a blank davinci resolve project open + 1 youtube tab it already runs out of memory. this is stupid ofcourse but the weird part is that when i place my m2 ssd from my laptop...
  3. Absolute ridiculousness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolute ridiculousness: Hi! So, in the last month or two, my computer has been having extremely long periods of time on the 'Welcome' screen. I'm still using Windows 10, as my device was apparently 'not able to update' to 11.Anyways, the times on the 'Welcome' screen have consistently taken between...
  4. Absolute ridiculousness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Absolute ridiculousness: Hi! So, in the last month or two, my computer has been having extremely long periods of time on the 'Welcome' screen. I'm still using Windows 10, as my device was apparently 'not able to update' to 11.Anyways, the times on the 'Welcome' screen have consistently taken between...
  5. Absolute ridiculousness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Ridiculous Idle RAM Usage? (Version 2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ridiculous Idle RAM Usage? (Version 2004): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/random-dot-org [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6jr28/ridiculous_idle_ram_usage_version_2004/
  7. Ridiculously high CPU and RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ridiculously high CPU and RAM usage: I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 510 AST which I upgraded to 8gb RAM since the 4gb it was packaged with was defective. Anyway the laptop worked fine until the last few weeks. There were soms issues with Windows updates messing with come drivers mostly AMD which I fixed myself. However...
  8. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  9. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: When I try to record clips of my Rocket League Gameplay, they clips are just blank screens with audio. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/game-dvr/eee274d8-61e3-406c-ba19-58d2988dc70c
  10. Absolutely ridicules performance from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Absolutely ridicules performance from Microsoft: Do the people working at Microsoft understand that we use our machines mostly for work and not just for gaming of social media purposes? I run a number of CAD systems and since Microsoft started this never ending Windows 10 update loop I have to uninstall my CAD programs on...