Windows 10: Absurd RAM usage after 20H2 update + bluetooth problem + weird device manager

Discus and support Absurd RAM usage after 20H2 update + bluetooth problem + weird device manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; **Images are in italian, can't really do much about it but i don't think it's a problem** My computer is an MSI Prebuilt gaming computer, which has 16... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deko03, Dec 19, 2020.

1. /u/Deko03 Win User

Absurd RAM usage after 20H2 update + bluetooth problem + weird device manager

**Images are in italian, can't really do much about it but i don't think it's a problem**
    My computer is an MSI Prebuilt gaming computer, which has 16 gigs of ram. I currently have opened my browser, whatsapp, discord, spotify and some other minor applications, and my ram usage is about 92%. I have checked resource monitor, as well as task manager, but i know that just doesn't work so i used process hacker and it STILL doesn't show the cause of the ram usage. It's to the point my computer is becoming unusable. If i restart, it works again, and the ram clears, but if i completely shut it off and turn it back on it will just use a lot of ram again.
    This happened right after another huge problem, I was trying to pair my wireless earphones (galaxy buds) to my computer, i turned on bluetooth, so they paired, and then i went into discord to try them. I heard a beep in my earphones, then my pc screen went black, explorer restarted and then my bluetooth was completely gone, like i can't even turn it on. It is in device manager tho, and if i double click it, it says the device isn't plugged in, but it then changes to the device is working correctly. I am very confused, i have no idea what happened. Device manager is also glitched, it does a weird refresh every 8 seconds. So yeah my pc is just dying randomly, there is no reason for this, i've ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and nothing was wrong, i've ran memtest and nothing was wrong, I've tried to uninstall bluetooth drivers, download official ntel ones, but nothing. :/
    i'd love some help on at least one of these problems

submitted by /u/Deko03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deko03, Dec 19, 2020

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Dec 19, 2020
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    20H2 - no bluetooth?

Hello Franz_liszt,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I can see your device's Bluetooth has disappeared.

The most common and best way to resolve this is by visiting your device's manufacturer website and download the latest Bluetooth driver. Once downloaded, have it installed and check if it's going to work properly.

You can also start troubleshooting the Bluetooth via Device Manager.

1. Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.

2. Click on Bluetooth.

2. Right-click on the Bluetooth driver.

3. Select Update this driver.

If updating doesn't help, click on uninstall this driver instead. Then restart your device and go back to Device Manager. Right-click on Bluetooth then select scan for hardware changes. It should automatically detect the Bluetooth driver and reinstall it.

Here's also a link for possible troubleshooting steps that may help you with the Bluetooth issue:

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Since the issue appeared after installing an 20H2, please consider rolling back the update:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

4. In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

I hope this helps.

[Suejin], Dec 19, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Can't Find Bluetooth on device manager.

Hi LoChung,

This may be caused by a corrupt or an outdated driver. It may also be caused by an incorrect device connection setup.

We suggest that you check Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ. Please perform the steps on the following
    topics to resolve your issue:

• How can I automatically fix common Bluetooth problems?
    • The Bluetooth toggle is missing in Bluetooth & other devices settings or can't be turned on.
    • Bluetooth doesn't appear and there are no unknown device listed in the Device Manager.

If the issue still persists, kindly give us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you done any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried your Bluetooth device with another computer and check if you were able to use it?

Keep us updated with the status of the issue so that we can resume working on your concern.

Rey Cam, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Absurd RAM usage after 20H2 update + bluetooth problem + weird device manager - Similar Threads - Absurd RAM usage

2. bluetooth device manager problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth device manager problem: Helloafter a windows update bluetooth is not active, not even in device manager, the start stop button is not visible,and whatever driver I install, it doesn't work. ?s there any solution. THANK YOU!...
  3. bluetooth device manager problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth device manager problem: Helloafter a windows update bluetooth is not active, not even in device manager, the start stop button is not visible,and whatever driver I install, it doesn't work. ?s there any solution. THANK YOU!...
  4. bluetooth device manager problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High RAM usage, and weird stucks :\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage, and weird stucks :\: I have no app open but still, my laptop just with background apps is using 63 PERCENT! what the HELL is wrong with my laptop!!Also, my laptop just gets stuck up, I have to shut it down by holding down the power button for 10 seconds :\My Laptop specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM...
  6. Ram usage on idle is at 47% after updating to 20h2?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram usage on idle is at 47% after updating to 20h2?: Hello.. My laptop ram usage on idle is 20%-27% And i can run 5 Nox Emulator at same time.. Last week i decided to update Windows to 20h2 I noticed this week that my ram usage on idle was 47% and can barely run 4 Nox Emulator.. I don't see anything running in the...
  7. Weird ram usage

Weird ram usage: I need help please my ram usage is very little like 200mb BUT when I went to performance it is using 3.1gb already, sorry for my bad... still practicing. I have 4gb btw and used virtual since my game is very laggy. Please help, Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  8. Desktop Windows Manager taking up absurd amounts of RAM after i updated to 20H2. Any idea why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Windows Manager taking up absurd amounts of RAM after i updated to 20H2. Any idea why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XturaThiccu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9gfhw/desktop_windows_manager_taking_up_absurd_amounts/
  9. Desktop Window Manager absurdly high memory usage

Desktop Window Manager absurdly high memory usage: Hi, I've recently noticed Desktop Window Manager is using 60%+ of my Memory at any given time, even when I have literally nothing open except for the task manager. It hasn't caused any crashes as of yet but it's only a matter of time at that kind of memory use and I'm...
  10. Absurdly high ram usage while idle?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absurdly high ram usage while idle?: Attached is a screenshot of task manager, sorted by ram usage: https://imgur.com/a/hWc0v2B I have 8G of ram at 2666mh. I know that widows natively uses 2-3 GB of ram natively but I'm getting 60+ percent of ram usage while idle. It's certainly slowing the computer down, to a...