Windows 10: Abuse by company claiming to be Microsoft

Discus and support Abuse by company claiming to be Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been getting phone messages stating that unless I call back within 48 hours, I will be charged $499 for services for Virus protection. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MalkaTevye, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Abuse by company claiming to be Microsoft

I have been getting phone messages stating that unless I call back within 48 hours, I will be charged $499 for services for Virus protection. The sending phone number was 209-308-7959, JCIP solutions, Steven Nelson, customer relationship manager?

I called back and got to speak to a "representative", David Moore at 844-339-6454, He said that the license agreement that I had paid $499 was cancelled and I was eligible for a refund of $499. I was directed to a website where they had access to my computer.

I spoke to David's "boss", Paul Harrison, at phone number 508-444-2765 . I am still getting call backs from that number to ask if I have taken out the CASH to send to them.

They told me that the money would be put into my checking account. When I entered the information, instead of $500 to be deposited, $5000 was transferred to my checking account. They gave me a song and dance about they would lose their jobs and I needed to go to my bank and take out CASH of $4,400. since my bank is one 1 hour away, they said they would give me $100 for the inconvenience. They wanted me to go to the bank that afternoon, instructed me "NOT TO SPEAK TO ANYONE AT THE BANK" and send the cash, wrapped in tin foil, put in a box and mailed via FEDEX. After I withdrew the money, they would give me the mailing instructions. They claim that the company was Microsoft, from Boston, MA and their account was through Chase/JP Morgan.

I had checked my account and did see that the $5000 was in my checking account.

I did go to the bank the next day, but I DID speak to my agent at the bank. She checked my account and I was told that the $5000 was transferred from my Line Of Credit account to my Personal Checking Account.

This is obviously a SCAM. Please check out the numbers and follow-up on this abuse.

:)

MalkaTevye, Mar 2, 2020

2. company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft

a company called iTecGreek claims that my license has been compromised and that they are representing Windows. Is this correct?

Dr GrantRichison, Mar 2, 2020
  3. AEGreene Win User
    A company claims to be Microsoft certified

I tried to file a report with Microsoft as suggested. The first time I typed the Captcha as it looked to me. The response was that it was wrong. I tried again and the response was that the site was not working. I would really like to report this experience
    with WhiteSky to Microsoft. Most recently I found that links in my emails including the link for this site are not working. I did a copy/paste to get in.

WhiteSky tried to get me to sign a support contract. This contract was with a company called Solid Tech. It seems to be in Canada. I don't have a street address. The phone number is 1-866-682-0647.

I have one other question. If I go into Task Master I see that some listings are followed by "stopped." The Whitesky Tech told me all these listings should say "running." The Dell Tech said they will only say "running" if activated by something I am trying
    to do. If you have an opinion on this, please let me know.

Thank you.

AEGreene, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Abuse by company claiming to be Microsoft

telephone calls from companies claiming to be from Microsoft

I received a phone call and an e-mail claiming that my computer was involved in illegal activity and that they wanted money to fix it. They claimed to be from a Microsoft support company and wanted 169.00 to fix the problem and told me to send money by
    Western Union to someone in the U.S to fix the problem. Is this a scam.

Richard Weinfeld, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Abuse by company claiming to be Microsoft

1. Abuse by company claiming to be Microsoft - Similar Threads - Abuse company claiming

2. How to report abuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to report abuse: Idk I received a spam email from from:TUMI <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> via checkerautoparts.onmicrosoft.com to:{{null}} - privacy date:May 31, 2023,...
  3. Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company: Imagine getting a new computerInstalling windowsbut you cantbecause windows FORCES you to create an accountBUTthat is not even allYOUR ACCOUNT NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED CAUSE THERE MAY BE A SECURITY RISKIM **** BOOTING MY PC FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I NEED ACCESS TO A BROWSER TO DO...
  4. microsoft abuses its users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft abuses its users: it's really clear that microsoft don't care about their users in the least. i seriously hope MS goes bankrupt, or that their office is destroyed in an earthquake. i don't expect an answer to any questions, because this forum exists ONLY for people to complain about microsoft....
  5. For Nvidia Graphic Cards, Which Company to File Warranty Claim?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    For Nvidia Graphic Cards, Which Company to File Warranty Claim?: Hey, I have an EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 but there is something wrong with it and I am still within the warranty period. Who do I file the warranty claim with? EVGA or Nvidia? Or, both? Thanks. 166945
  6. abuse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    abuse: what can i do when i have been a victim of online I was fired today for going to my boss because I was being harassed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abuse/e613b788-ff61-458b-8898-724212fa2aa2
  7. Virtual machine abuse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtual machine abuse: Hi I struggle with tech and have only just started really. only because of having all devices I go on being monitored and recorded. Iv suspected it for nearly 2 years. The last 5 month it has become out of hand. I suffer from depression and im not working as I'm on workcover....
  8. company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft: a company called iTecGreek claims that my license has been compromised and that they are representing Windows. Is this correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/company-claiming-to-be-windowsmicrosoft/43d8d374-9087-4dce-a504-54638b5877b2"
  9. Microsoft claim.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft claim.: I receive telephone messages every hour on the hour stating that the call is from Micro Soft claim dept. about money received and refund by pressing 1 now. I have not answered this call and it goes to voicemail. But enough is enough....
  10. Why does Microsoft falsely claim that Windows is a service to justify abusing Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft falsely claim that Windows is a service to justify abusing Windows...: "Service" vs "product" are two separate legal entities, with separate legal requirements to their advertising, what is exchanged in a point-of-sale, and the rights that come with each classification. The format of Windows 10, and what is offered in a point-of-sale exchange is...