Windows 10: Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers

Discus and support Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the past couple weeks, the internet has been very slow when I use my work computer. I've called my ISP, undid some updates, and even got a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lahteb, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Lahteb Win User

Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers

For the past couple weeks, the internet has been very slow when I use my work computer. I've called my ISP, undid some updates, and even got a new modem. Nothing is helping. Speeds that were over 100 Mbps weeks ago range from 5-25 Mbps when I am in my office. If I move the computer downstairs next to the modem, they top out at 60 Mbps. When I am 5 feet from the modem, they are 30-40 Mpbs.I thought it was an issue with the internet -- perhaps interference -- until I hooked up another Windows computer, and the same occurred. I also adjusted the channel on my modem to no avail. Speeds on all of

:)

Lahteb, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Denexster Win User

IE11 got abysmally slow about 3 weeks ago

IE 11 has been working quite finely in Windows 10. About 3 weeks ago or so, it got abysmally slow.

My suspicion is a Windows 10 update clash.

How can I fix IE 11? The uninstall and reinstall does no good.

Any suggestions?

[Original title: IE 11 **** out]

Denexster, Nov 11, 2021
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers

1. Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers - Similar Threads - Abysmally slow internet

2. Computer and Internet slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer and Internet slow: Need HELPComputer is running Really slowI booted a new version of windows and now everything is sloweven the internetwhen googling it says i must cinnect to the inteneti had a ransom virus while back and that is why i have a new clean boot...
  3. Computer and Internet slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer and Internet slow: Need HELPComputer is running Really slowI booted a new version of windows and now everything is sloweven the internetwhen googling it says i must cinnect to the inteneti had a ransom virus while back and that is why i have a new clean boot...
  4. Computer and Internet slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers: For the past couple weeks, the internet has been very slow when I use my work computer. I've called my ISP, undid some updates, and even got a new modem. Nothing is helping. Speeds that were over 100 Mbps weeks ago range from 5-25 Mbps when I am in my office. If I move the...
  6. Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Abysmally slow internet on Windows 10 computers: For the past couple weeks, the internet has been very slow when I use my work computer. I've called my ISP, undid some updates, and even got a new modem. Nothing is helping. Speeds that were over 100 Mbps weeks ago range from 5-25 Mbps when I am in my office. If I move the...
  7. Slow Internet only on Computer. Windows 10.

Slow Internet only on Computer. Windows 10.: For the past few days, going into weeks now, my internet has been considerably slow. I have tested between the Computer and other devices and the internet speed is different between the two.Computer has currently 12MB/s of download speed and 0.6MB/s of upload speedOn my phone...
  8. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  9. Upgrade to fiber optics - pc abysmally slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to fiber optics - pc abysmally slow: Hey all, my pc is abysmally slow (18mbps down/ 0 mbps up).. everything was great, but today I switched to fiber with ATT for faster speeds.. is there something in Windows 10 that is a setting where it throttles/bottlenecks the internet speed? I don’t know what would have set...
  10. Slow internet only on windows 10 computer

Slow internet only on windows 10 computer: I have three PCs running tp-link adapters which connect WIFI to our home router. The 2 windwos 7 computers get 28Mbps downloads and around 8 upload. The one PC that is Windows 10 gets 6 download and 7 upload. The pings for all machines are around 7. 1) the windows 10 PC is...