Windows 10: AC adapter and battery issue

Discus and support AC adapter and battery issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does my computer say low battery when it is plugged in and if I unplug the AC adapter the battery has a full charge? When the message appears the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ida Jessenia Gonzalez, Jun 3, 2021.

1. AC adapter and battery issue

Why does my computer say low battery when it is plugged in and if I unplug the AC adapter the battery has a full charge? When the message appears the programs run slow. If I unplug the adapter for about 5 minutes said is a 0% charge, after that the battery is full. The battery appears charged, but the programs run slow. I have to leave it unplugged, turn it off, and turn it on again, for it to work properly.

:)

Ida Jessenia Gonzalez, Jun 3, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

AC adapter and battery issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

AC adapter and battery issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 3, 2021
  4. AC adapter and battery issue

ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions?

WayneGibson3, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

AC adapter and battery issue

1. AC adapter and battery issue - Similar Threads - adapter battery issue

2. How to use AC Power Adapter instead of battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use AC Power Adapter instead of battery: Hi,I have the *ASUS TUF F15 2021* I want to use this laptop while using the AC Power Adapter because it performs better than Battery mode while using the battery*So, is there a way to do that without decreasing the battery's lifespan?*...
  3. How to use AC Power Adapter instead of battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use AC Power Adapter instead of battery: Hi,I have the *ASUS TUF F15 2021* I want to use this laptop while using the AC Power Adapter because it performs better than Battery mode while using the battery*So, is there a way to do that without decreasing the battery's lifespan?*...
  4. Ac adapter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ac adapter: hello, i have dell inspiron 5559, my main battery is dead so i removed it, when i run the laptop using only the AC adapter it's running slower than when it was with the battery installed. I get a warning at the startup of windows alert the ac power adapter wattage and type...
  5. Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue: Hi guys. I just bought Asus Zenbook and a few days ago I took the cable out and it stopped working. The laptop works only when it is plugged in.In Device Manager in batteries I saw only Microsoft ACPI, so I don't see Microsoft AC Adapter.Any advise on how to fix it? Thank...
  6. AC adapter and battery not detected or recognized

AC adapter and battery not detected or recognized: When starting the laptop the screen displays this " AC power not recognized and battery not charging". The jack plug was changed and instaled a new battery and the problem continues. what can I do to fix the issue?...
  7. Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter: I have recently replaced my Dell XPS L702X battery this Christmas. I stopped using the computer for about 3 weeks and the battery no longer works. Windows says it has 96 percent and not charging but if I unplug it the power cuts immanently. I followed the manufacture's...
  8. ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge: Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message-battery-will-not-charge/7e3d3e2b-37bd-48a8-abcf-a70096d1c4c9
  9. ac adapter for battery charger not charging

ac adapter for battery charger not charging: my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I...
  10. AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?

AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?: Hi there! Well, after what it seem to be like my triumph against sudden reboots (probably I just needed to fasten some screws to get all in order) I have a little doubt, since always, I noticed that my laptop battery tends to "discharge" when I do extensive tasks, name it...