Windows 10: ac adapter for battery charger not charging

Discus and support ac adapter for battery charger not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lettiee, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Lettiee Win User

ac adapter for battery charger not charging

my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I purchased this laptop on line upon receiving I notice my warranty was good for 3months, no back up disk or factory image disk came with it, nothing came but pc and charger that never fitted firmly, its very loose. it also show on F2 ac adapter unknown, led light on square box attach to charger lights up but still not charging and Dell wants me to renew warranty to fix problem when I didn't have much time to use warranty. I feel like this PC was refurbish or something. I didn't have a problem before with ac adapter charging. please someone help me , any suggestion so I don't have to spend what little money I have

:)

Lettiee, Oct 2, 2018
  2. FerchogtX Win User

AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?

Hi there!

Well, after what it seem to be like my triumph against sudden reboots (probably I just needed to fasten some screws to get all in order) I have a little doubt, since always, I noticed that my laptop battery tends to "discharge" when I do extensive tasks, name it doing video encoding or streaming with the GPU encoder. In any case, seems like it discharges, and tries to charge back, but at a very slow rate, all of this, using the AC adapter.

I seldom use the battery as I'm always working on home, and plugged, but this obvious discharge cycles are wearing the battery (32% according to AIDA64).

I've been told in Acer forums that probably the AC adapter is not enough to keep up with giving power to the PC and keeping the charge of the battery, it's a 45 Watt AC charger, the original taht came with this PC, then I was told that in some parts this laptop was sold with the "for gamers" tag (It's a fast hardware, no doubt, but for gamers?... dunno) and this particular, while being the same model, had a 65 watt AC adapter instead of this one.

Now, the guy, very kindly, recommended me to better look for the 65 watt adapter, so this doesn't happen...

What I would want to know is if, this actually is because of the AC adapter, or because the battery is either faulty or temps (this last is kinda unlikely, it's strange but, when streaming, I don't notice any super high temps, it maxes to 65 C at most, sometimes is even less...)

In either case, I'm already hunting for a 64 watt charger and a replacement battery in case this one dies, but I wanted to still check with you in case I'm missing something here...

The laptop in question is an Aspire E5-553-1786, APU AMD A12 9700P, Radeon R7 (512 MB), a new HGST 1 TB 7200 RPM spinner, and... pretty much that is XD.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Cya!

FerchogtX, Oct 2, 2018
  3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?

First, it has to be said that the Output voltage of the new charger must match the Output voltage of the old charger or damage can be done to the laptop.
    After that, a higher wattage charger will charge any battery faster, not just a problem one. If the charger were the problem than any correct voltage charger will solve it, but a larger one is better regardless.

Lithion Ion Batteries have a lifespan measured in recharge cycles. When a battery approaches the end of life it discharges faster, takes longer to charge, and may not take a full charge. Sound familiar?

If the battery is more than a couple years old than that would clinch it for me.

4. kwok76 Win User

8800 Sirocco AC-3 or AC-4 charger?

I have the standard AC-3X charger which takes approx 3hrs to charge up on stand-by using the DT16 stand.

I heard you can use AC-4X charger, but will this charge up my phone quicker or will it damage my battery? I know the output for AC-4X is higher than AC-3X.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks

kwok76, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. ac adapter for battery charger not charging - Similar Threads - adapter battery charger

2. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected: Charger is ok, battery is new. When charger is connected, the battery isnt draining and laptop is working normally, but the battery doesnt charge....
  3. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected: Charger is ok, battery is new. When charger is connected, the battery isnt draining and laptop is working normally, but the battery doesnt charge....
  4. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AC adapter and battery issue

AC adapter and battery issue: Why does my computer say low battery when it is plugged in and if I unplug the AC adapter the battery has a full charge? When the message appears the programs run slow. If I unplug the adapter for about 5 minutes said is a 0% charge, after that the battery is full. The...
  6. Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter: I have recently replaced my Dell XPS L702X battery this Christmas. I stopped using the computer for about 3 weeks and the battery no longer works. Windows says it has 96 percent and not charging but if I unplug it the power cuts immanently. I followed the manufacture's...
  7. ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge: Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message-battery-will-not-charge/7e3d3e2b-37bd-48a8-abcf-a70096d1c4c9
  8. Laptop battery not charging, BIOS says AC adapter not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery not charging, BIOS says AC adapter not installed: My laptop no longer recognizes the AC adapter and doesn't hold a charge anymore. When I went to the BIOS, it told me that there wasn't an ac adapter installed. I've already replaced the harness jack and had to buy a new battery because the other one was completely drained....
  9. adapter not charging the battery

adapter not charging the battery: Hello, I have Lenovo Y520 laptop. somehow i let the battery completely drain and the laptop got shut down. Since then my battery does not charge. even when i left the adapter plugged in for quite a while the status still shows "0% available, plugged in charging". I...
  10. AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?: Hi there! Well, after what it seem to be like my triumph against sudden reboots (probably I just needed to fasten some screws to get all in order) I have a little doubt, since always, I noticed that my laptop battery tends to "discharge" when I do extensive tasks, name it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kwok76