Windows 10: Ac adapter not recognised.

Discus and support Ac adapter not recognised. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Oct 2018 update .Hp Envy m6. Ac adapter when do battery check states it is not attached yet device manage shows working correctly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlearAnteater80, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ac adapter not recognised.

Windows 10 Oct 2018 update .Hp Envy m6. Ac adapter when do battery check states it is not attached yet device manage shows working correctly. Optimization and system check states okay.Have updated the bios and drivers and removed an reattached battery and ac adapter. Have tried new adapter with same results. Did work and show cord icon and charging and did fully charge battery but after next update did not. What else can I do? Tried system restore to a restore point no avail.

:)

BlearAnteater80, Jan 27, 2019

2. Wake up from sleep with Microsoft AC Adapter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to restart the laptop from sleep mode when connected to AC power adapter.

Please be informed us if you are facing any problem with while waking the computer from sleep mode.

I suggest you to update the drivers for AC power adapter from
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps :

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand AC Power Adapter.
    • Right on the W and click on Update driver software.

If the drivers are updated, you will not have the option to Update Driver Software.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter
      that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2019
  3. JF-AMD Win User
    Need Notebook AC Adapter help

Help, I am by no means an EE, so I am not sure how to solve this.

I have 3 notebooks:

Satellite T135D-S1327
    AC Adapter output: 19V, 3.42A

Satellite T235D-S1345
    AC Adapter output: 19V, 2.37A

Fujitsu S2210
    AC Adapter output: 19V, 4.22A

I also have an iGo universal AC Adapter, 15-24V (no amps listed)
    Online it shows that it supports all 3 of my notebooks, I am guessing that it auto regulates.

However, I am wondering, since all of them have exactly the same sized adapter plug (the iGo site actually lists the same tip for all 3) if I can exchange AC Adapters between them.

Just from my limited electrical knowledge, I should be able to charge all of them with the 2.37A AC adapter because it is the lowest current. What I don't know is can I charge the others with the higher output (amperage) adapters. Especially the Fujitsu's because that adapter sits on my desk at home and would be quite convenient.

Any thoughts on this?

JF-AMD, Jan 27, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Ac adapter not recognised.

high capacity smart ac adapter

Hi Tom,

An AC adapter is designed to regulate power and offsets electrical spikes to your device. If a pop up appears saying that you may need to a high capacity smart AC adapter, it could be the your current adapter is not giving out the required output to your
    device, or that the driver for the adapter is outdated or is not working as designed. May we know the exact message that you are getting? This is for us to see and give the appropriate steps to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Ac adapter not recognised.

1. Ac adapter not recognised. - Similar Threads - adapter recognised

2. Windows doesn't recognise network adapter after system format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't recognise network adapter after system format: Hi,After Windows 11 update a couple of date ago my Asus Zenbook um3504da went to a complete freeze. I was unable to repair of even format is using installed Windows. After booting and installing the system from an external device it appears to be ok, but the newtork adapter...
  3. Windows doesn't recognise network adapter after system format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesn't recognise network adapter after system format: Hi,After Windows 11 update a couple of date ago my Asus Zenbook um3504da went to a complete freeze. I was unable to repair of even format is using installed Windows. After booting and installing the system from an external device it appears to be ok, but the newtork adapter...
  4. PC Internet Adapter Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Internet Adapter Not Recognised: I am having an issue with my pc win7 seeing the internet adapter. I have tried many online suggestions and nothing works. My internet was fine, then it was gone. I didnt change anything but there may have been a windows update. Its happened many times before. I cant remember...
  5. PC Internet Adapter Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Internet Adapter Not Recognised: I am having an issue with my pc win7 seeing the internet adapter. I have tried many online suggestions and nothing works. My internet was fine, then it was gone. I didnt change anything but there may have been a windows update. Its happened many times before. I cant remember...
  6. Bluetooth adapter - not recognised Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth adapter - not recognised Windows 10: My PC is not Bluetooth capable, so I have purchased a tp-link Bluetooth 4.0 Nano USB Adapter in order to use Apple Pro Pods on my PC. As this should be 'plug and play' on Windows 10 there should not be a problem with the system recognising the adapter and setting up the pods...
  7. USB-C TO VGA ADAPTER IS NOT RECOGNISED BY MY LAPTOP AND I AM UNABLE TO CONNECT TO EXTERNAL...

USB-C TO VGA ADAPTER IS NOT RECOGNISED BY MY LAPTOP AND I AM UNABLE TO CONNECT TO EXTERNAL...: New laptop, new USB-C adapter not recognised to connect laptop to existing external monitor.The following information below comes up. Is there a fix/update/solution to this?Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0001\5&228e8a6c&0&16 was configured. Driver Name: usb.inf Class Guid:...
  8. New Xbox wireless adapter doesn’t get recognised anymore.

New Xbox wireless adapter doesn’t get recognised anymore.: A while ago I got the new/slim version of the xbox wireless adapter and it worked flawlessly for about 5 months. I always switch between my pc and laptop with no issues. Yesterday when starting my PC the adapter did not get recognised so I took it out/put it back in again....
  9. Windows 10 issues with recognising USB-C adapter

Windows 10 issues with recognising USB-C adapter: I recently purchased an ASUS Flow X13, and tried connecting my hubs to it:1. Baseus: http://www.baseus.com/product-346?lang=en-us HDMIx2 and USB-C PD ports2. Satechi: https://satechi.net/products/slim-aluminum-type-c-multi-port-adapter-v2?variant=12604200812632 HDMI, USB-Ax2,...
  10. BrosTrend AC1200 wifi adapter has been recognised as a Realtek 8812BU wifi adapter -...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BrosTrend AC1200 wifi adapter has been recognised as a Realtek 8812BU wifi adapter -...: I built a PC from parts a couple months back as I desparately needed to upgrade and since this build I've been having a lot of strange seemingly driver related issues crop up, as well as lots of wifi issues. I've just realised this is potentially because my wifi adapter...