Windows 10: AC Adapter Won't Charge, BIOS Error

Discus and support AC Adapter Won't Charge, BIOS Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Alienware R3 laptop, and I use a standard 240W adapter with it. Recently, my laptop has stopped charging completely when it is plugged in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kurausukun, Jan 2, 2019.

1. AC Adapter Won't Charge, BIOS Error

I have an Alienware R3 laptop, and I use a standard 240W adapter with it. Recently, my laptop has stopped charging completely when it is plugged in. When I boot it up, I get a message saying "unable to determine the power and type of adapter," but when I run the diagnostics tool it comes up with, it says that the adapter is using 255W. How can I troubleshoot this?

:)

Kurausukun, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Lettiee Win User

ac adapter for battery charger not charging

my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice
    till month ago. when I purchased this laptop on line upon receiving I notice my warranty was good for 3months, no back up disk or factory image disk came with it, nothing came but pc and charger that never fitted firmly, its very loose. it also show on F2
    ac adapter unknown, led light on square box attach to charger lights up but still not charging and Dell wants me to renew warranty to fix problem when I didn't have much time to use warranty. I feel like this PC was refurbish or something. I didn't have a
    problem before with ac adapter charging. please someone help me , any suggestion so I don't have to spend what little money I have

Lettiee, Jan 2, 2019
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jan 2, 2019
  4. johnlogan Win User

AC Adapter Won't Charge, BIOS Error

I uninstalled Microsoft AC Adapter Driver by accident, PC won't start.

Thank you, gave it a try following your tips but no change, still does not power up.

My power source never had a loose contact problem before. Really, all these problems started after deleting the AC adapter.

Any other suggestions?

###

johnlogan, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

AC Adapter Won't Charge, BIOS Error

1. AC Adapter Won't Charge, BIOS Error - Similar Threads - Adapter Won't Charge

2. Updating a BIOS update without plugging in the AC adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating a BIOS update without plugging in the AC adapter.: Hi,I have my laptop updated last week but I didn't thought that it would be a BIOS update, so I didn't plug in the AC adapter... luckily the whole BIOS update process went well and my battery didn't run out, but my question is, why does the laptop need to connect to the AC...
  3. Updating a BIOS update without plugging in the AC adapter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating a BIOS update without plugging in the AC adapter.: Hi,I have my laptop updated last week but I didn't thought that it would be a BIOS update, so I didn't plug in the AC adapter... luckily the whole BIOS update process went well and my battery didn't run out, but my question is, why does the laptop need to connect to the AC...
  4. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected: Charger is ok, battery is new. When charger is connected, the battery isnt draining and laptop is working normally, but the battery doesnt charge....
  5. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected: Charger is ok, battery is new. When charger is connected, the battery isnt draining and laptop is working normally, but the battery doesnt charge....
  6. Ac adapter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ac adapter: hello, i have dell inspiron 5559, my main battery is dead so i removed it, when i run the laptop using only the AC adapter it's running slower than when it was with the battery installed. I get a warning at the startup of windows alert the ac power adapter wattage and type...
  7. Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter: I have recently replaced my Dell XPS L702X battery this Christmas. I stopped using the computer for about 3 weeks and the battery no longer works. Windows says it has 96 percent and not charging but if I unplug it the power cuts immanently. I followed the manufacture's...
  8. ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge: Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message-battery-will-not-charge/7e3d3e2b-37bd-48a8-abcf-a70096d1c4c9
  9. Laptop battery not charging, BIOS says AC adapter not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery not charging, BIOS says AC adapter not installed: My laptop no longer recognizes the AC adapter and doesn't hold a charge anymore. When I went to the BIOS, it told me that there wasn't an ac adapter installed. I've already replaced the harness jack and had to buy a new battery because the other one was completely drained....
  10. ac adapter for battery charger not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ac adapter for battery charger not charging: my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I...