Windows 10: Ac adapter

Discus and support Ac adapter in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello, i have dell inspiron 5559, my main battery is dead so i removed it, when i run the laptop using only the AC adapter it's running slower than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kareen988, Jul 22, 2021 at 7:22 AM.

1. kareen988 Win User

Ac adapter

hello, i have dell inspiron 5559, my main battery is dead so i removed it, when i run the laptop using only the AC adapter it's running slower than when it was with the battery installed. I get a warning at the startup of windows alert the ac power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. the battery may not charge the system will adjust the performance to match the power available I disabled this warning, it runs but it's slow, i also did troubleshoot of power when only on ac power, everything was normal. how can i fix it?thank you

:)

2. Wake up from sleep with Microsoft AC Adapter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to restart the laptop from sleep mode when connected to AC power adapter.

Please be informed us if you are facing any problem with while waking the computer from sleep mode.

I suggest you to update the drivers for AC power adapter from
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps :

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand AC Power Adapter.
    • Right on the W and click on Update driver software.

If the drivers are updated, you will not have the option to Update Driver Software.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter
      that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 22, 2021 at 7:23 AM
  3. JF-AMD Win User
    Need Notebook AC Adapter help

Help, I am by no means an EE, so I am not sure how to solve this.

I have 3 notebooks:

Satellite T135D-S1327
    AC Adapter output: 19V, 3.42A

Satellite T235D-S1345
    AC Adapter output: 19V, 2.37A

Fujitsu S2210
    AC Adapter output: 19V, 4.22A

I also have an iGo universal AC Adapter, 15-24V (no amps listed)
    Online it shows that it supports all 3 of my notebooks, I am guessing that it auto regulates.

However, I am wondering, since all of them have exactly the same sized adapter plug (the iGo site actually lists the same tip for all 3) if I can exchange AC Adapters between them.

Just from my limited electrical knowledge, I should be able to charge all of them with the 2.37A AC adapter because it is the lowest current. What I don't know is can I charge the others with the higher output (amperage) adapters. Especially the Fujitsu's because that adapter sits on my desk at home and would be quite convenient.

Any thoughts on this?

4. Ac adapter

ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions?

WayneGibson3, Jul 22, 2021 at 7:23 AM
Thema:

Ac adapter

1. Ac adapter - Similar Threads - adapter

2. Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen: I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 display adapter and Mobile IntelR 4 Series Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1 chipset driver. The screen go black after the Windows loading screen. I went into safe mode and disabled the display adapter driver to see...
  3. which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    which is better for a wifi adapter, usb 2.0 or usb 3.0?: so I have a problem..I'm moving and getting gig speed internet(fios) and my access point pumps out both 2.4 and 5.0 ghz. the problem is simple..my computer dates to 2015 and it cannot even SEE the 5ghz channels on its built in wifi. now, here's the meat and potatoes. I have 4...
  4. Teredo Tunneling Adapter does not exist

Teredo Tunneling Adapter does not exist: I was trying to play Forza Online when I realised that I dont have the Teredo Tunneling Adapter installed. I have looked for hours for solutions that have worked for others but not for me. I have tried...
  5. Windows 10 crashing if network adapter is connected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashing if network adapter is connected: Hi, so I need help with this. I've recently tried to download windows 10 for the 3rd time ever on my windows 7 computer. The download was going fine until I came to the realisation that the reason for my constant reboot loop was because of my internet adapter. If I don't have...
  6. I Accidentally Disabled Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver

I Accidentally Disabled Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver: I own an Xbox Wireless Adapter for my Windows 10 PC and my audio drivers were broken so I suspected that if I update the adapter's drivers then that might fix the issue but I accidentally pressed "Disable Device" instead of "Update Drivers". Is there any way to fix this?BTW I...
  7. I cant get the xbox wireless adapter model 1790 to work.

I cant get the xbox wireless adapter model 1790 to work.: I have tried multiple things ranging from uninstalling the drivers and redownloading the drivers for it multiple times. I have disconnected it and reconnected it and it still isnt working. Ive tried using it in a usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 port and have had no luck. When i first...
  8. Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter

Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter: Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my wifi lately. It’s been happening for two weeks and now its the worst it’s ever been. My wifi randomly disconnects and when i try to reconnect, none of my local wifi connections show up. This only happens to my computer, everyone else in...
  9. Windows Network Connections/Network Adapter is Empty

Windows Network Connections/Network Adapter is Empty: Hello,I'm using windows 10 and for this past week, I've had a problem with my laptop. It keeps disconnecting and losing any internet connection available. I ran the troubleshoot and it said I have to reset my network settings, so I did that. It worked but after a couple of...
  10. Not able to access Display Adapter Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to access Display Adapter Settings: I have trying to access my display settings but I am getting an error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"I am logged in as an administrator....