Windows 10: AC adaptor plugged in but not charging

Discus and support AC adaptor plugged in but not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my surface laptop seems to be having some charging issues. When I plug in the adaptor, it says '...% available plugged in' but it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Linngu2, May 2, 2021.

1. Linngu2 Win User

AC adaptor plugged in but not charging

Hi, my surface laptop seems to be having some charging issues. When I plug in the adaptor, it says '...% available plugged in' but it doesn't necessarily charge my device and stays at the same % as it is. I've tried running troubleshoot, also looking at device manager and I've noticed under batteries, I only have 'surface battery'. I believe there should be 'microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery' but it does not show for me. Would it be the adaptors fault or do I need to run any tests? Thanks

:)

Linngu2, May 2, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

This has been seen by others. There is a fault somewhere, in the adapter itself, on the motherboard, or in the DC in socket/cable. Some examples of others seeing '1W' adapters:

Latitude E6540 - "Plugged in not charging" - Dell Community

M4700 Not recognising AC Adaptor correctly - Dell Community

Bree, May 2, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

AC adaptor plugged in but not charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 2, 2021
  4. AC adaptor plugged in but not charging

Lenova G400s laptop-Plugged in and not Charging- Issues reg.

I have a Lenova G400s Laptop. While charging my laptop shown "Plugged in and not Charging" I gone through the web and I tried the following steps i found in net

Please try below steps and check if it helps.

• Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect AC Adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of
      Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and select
      Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect AC adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • still the problem not solve, it shows "plugged in and not Charging".. Pl guide me to solve the issues

BalusamyArumugam, May 2, 2021
Thema:

AC adaptor plugged in but not charging

1. AC adaptor plugged in but not charging - Similar Threads - adaptor plugged charging

2. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugged in, not charging: My laptop is asus rog strix gl-503 bought before 3 months ago FOR THAT I ALREADY DONE THIS RESOLUTION : i already uninstalled drivers and updated drivers and windows latest and already rebooted several times and i have non removable battery PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. (plugged in, not charging)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (plugged in, not charging): my laptop is plugged in with my charger, but it shows a message 14% available (plugged in, not charging) help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plugged-in-not-charging/6013b676-bed7-4c0a-a7b2-cb23b4906e83
  4. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugged in, not charging: Hello.. I have an issue with the battery. Every time when it reaches 43% it would say, "Plugged in, not charging." I have tried the steps are given by Microsoft help but it did not work. Anyone has the same issues, may you give me an answer to fix this? Thank you very...
  5. Plugged In but not charging

Plugged In but not charging: I recently formatted my windows laptop and reinstalled it through a bootable installer (Windows 1809). The battery indicator says "plugged in but not charging". I have reinstalled all the drivers and installed HP recommended ones as well. My laptop is HP pavallion 15 au626tx....
  6. plugged in, not charging

plugged in, not charging: Yes, I know about removing the battery "files". Turning off the computer. Removing battery. Replace battery. Start again. But HOW do I do a permanent fix so I don't have to keep doing the process I said...
  7. plugged in, not charging

plugged in, not charging: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 7000 series laptop (flips into a tablet). This has been happening for a while, but when I plug in my 45 W ac adapter charger (came with laptop) it says " plugged in, not charging." Sometimes I can get it to where it'll charge, but lately I can...
  8. plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    plugged in not charging: All of a sudden I get plugged in not charging when i scroll over the battery life. The current power is 0% so if I unplug the computer shuts off. I tried all updates but nothing. I asked at a computer store if it's the battery and they said if it is they would order the...
  9. plugged in , not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    plugged in , not charging: when i am charging my laptop it gets charge up to 60-75% then it suddenly start to stop and shows ( plugged in,not charging). if i unplug and plug it again then for about 5 sec it shows charging then again it stops. so never getting 100% charged my laptop. and if i stayed...
  10. Plugged in, not charging

Plugged in, not charging: I've had this HP Envy for years and today my battery won't charge. I'm plugged in, so it's not dying, but my battery is at 1% and the battery status mouseover says "1% available (plugged in, not charging)". I've tried all the search results for this problem, including going...