Windows 10: AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required)

Discus and support AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good day Im running Windows 10 64-bit Version 1903. So i have played AC Odyssey for 400+ hours and in that time i've only had 3 crashes. The first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Coach81, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Coach81 Win User

AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required)

Good day

Im running Windows 10 64-bit Version 1903.

So i have played AC Odyssey for 400+ hours and in that time i've only had 3 crashes.

The first two were CTD with no error messages but they were minor and they were weeks apart between both errors and put it down to nothing more than random crashes.

My latest one was a freeze while playing the game. It happened on the evening of 23/03/2020 around 19:30. I had played for round about one hour when it happened. The only way to get out of the crash was to do a hard reset of my system.

I bought the game through Steam but obviously Uplay application needs to be up as well.

So this is what i did after that particular crash:

1. Disable Uplay in-game overlay (had read somewhere might have reason for crashes)
    2. Played for 3+ hours again while monitioring temperatures (GPU never got beyond 80 degrees celcius while CPU temperatures never got higher than 75 degrees celcius)
    3. Ran Memtest86 using standard 4-pass test. Took about 3 hours with no errors.
    4. Updated my GPU drivers which were month out of date.

The log file in event viewer and error log file for ubisoft logging dont really show anything untoward or anything particular.

What strange is that it would all of a sudden just hang and have never experienced anything like this while running this game and it is difficult to replicate cause its never happened before.

Is there any other testing i can do relating to RAM, CPU and GPU? On the surface it looks more like software issue but cant be sure.

Please advise on anything additional that can be done.

Thank you.

:)

Coach81, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Coach81 Win User

Good day

Im running Windows 10 64-bit Version 1903.

So i have played AC Odyssey for 400+ hours and in that time i've only had 3 crashes.

The first two were CTD with no error messages but they were minor and they were weeks apart between both errors and put it down to nothing more than random crashes.

My latest one was a freeze while playing the game. It happened on the evening of 23/03/2020 around 19:30. I had played for round about one hour when it happened. The only way to get out of the crash was to do a hard reset of my system.

I bought the game through Steam but obviously Uplay application needs to be up as well.

So this is what i did after that particular crash:

1. Disable Uplay in-game overlay (had read somewhere might have reason for crashes)
    2. Played for 3+ hours again while monitioring temperatures (GPU never got beyond 80 degrees celcius while CPU temperatures never got higher than 75 degrees celcius)
    3. Ran Memtest86 using standard 4-pass test. Took about 3 hours with no errors.
    4. Updated my GPU drivers which were month out of date.

The log file in event viewer and error log file for ubisoft logging dont really show anything untoward or anything particular.

What strange is that it would all of a sudden just hang and have never experienced anything like this while running this game and it is difficult to replicate cause its never happened before.

Is there any other testing i can do relating to RAM, CPU and GPU? On the surface it looks more like software issue but cant be sure.

Please advise on anything additional that can be done.

Thank you.

Coach81, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Vykis Win User
    Windows freezes that require hard reset

Now game does not even launch plus my headphones disconnect and reconnect in the matter of a seconds i can see that in message board.

AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required) [​IMG]

Vykis, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Vykis Win User

Windows freezes that require hard reset

Thank you for reply I got BSOD this morning when booting ant this is what your suggested program shows. All I found on google is that hal.dll is connected to windows xp or boot.ini so that makes no sense, I suppose this file is corrupted so should I change it manually by getting dll from internet or there is another way to fix it? also ntosknl.exe so it point to my RAM?

AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required) [​IMG]

Vykis, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required) - Similar Threads - Odyssey Random Freeze

2. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  3. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  4. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.: So i got this system that in the beginning worked fine, but after a day or two its just started completely freezing. Sometimes when im downloading, sometimes when im just in my browser and sometimes when its just idle. It never freezes when im gaming so i thought this was...
  6. Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.

Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.: So i got this system that in the beginning worked fine, but after a day or two its just started completely freezing. Sometimes when im downloading, sometimes when im just in my browser and sometimes when its just idle. It never freezes when im gaming so i thought this was...
  7. Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.

8. Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.: Hi, For a few months now, my screen will randomly go black, I will hear a windows error sound unable to read it obviously and I am forced to do a hard reset. I have tried everything I could think of and cannot figure it out. Here is the error log: Source Windows Summary...
  9. Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.

Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.: Hi, For a few months now, my screen will randomly go black, I will hear a windows error sound unable to read it obviously and I am forced to do a hard reset. I have tried everything I could think of and cannot figure it out. Here is the error log: Source Windows Summary...
  10. AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required)

AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required): Good day Im running Windows 10 64-bit Version 1903. So i have played AC Odyssey for 400+ hours and in that time i've only had 3 crashes. The first two were CTD with no error messages but they were minor and they were weeks apart between both errors and put it down to...