Windows 10: Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?

Discus and support Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to add accelerators to Edge such as 'Translate' ? The two things I miss most are the ability to swipe a word and use 'Bing search' to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Mooly Win User

Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?

Is it possible to add accelerators to Edge such as 'Translate' ? The two things I miss most are the ability to swipe a word and use 'Bing search' to look it up, and alsothe ability to swipe and 'Translate' using Bing.

:)

Mooly, Jun 22, 2015
  2. susanconn Win User

windows 10

I have one more question is the new browser in windows 10 Spartan or edge ..one microsoft agent said Spartan and the other said edge so im confused

susanconn, Jun 22, 2015
  3. ObuL83g Win User
    Issues with the addons in the Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

Original Title: IE11 Accelerators

I have win10 and Edge AND ie11. Mostly I using ie11, with localized(my language). Where the fWORD add-ons(accelerators to be exact) gone? Before, I had English language ie11, but now when I change it to local, all add-ons except boring Live-mail are gone.
    Didn't helped reset all ie settings and disabling/enabling add-ons! And why the fWORD Bing can't find me result "iegallery" !! I then must use
    GOOGLE to search for. Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ? :( Sorry for the fWORD words, possibly keyboard malfck...

ObuL83g, Jun 22, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Not yet. Edge is still a "work in progress" and will be even after RTM. Word has it that Chrome-style extensions will be coming sometime after RTM.

Mystere, Jun 22, 2015
  5. Mooly Win User
    Ah I see. Not having that facility is enough of a disincentive for me not to use Edge, which is unfortunately adding to the list of reasons not to use 10 as it currently stands.

Thank you.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ? - Similar Threads - Accelerators Edge Spartan

2. Is it possible to add photos to an album, then delete them from collections?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to add photos to an album, then delete them from collections?: I have hundreds of photos in Collections. I am organizing them into Albums. I need them to be removed from Collections after they are in an album because it's impossible to remember which photos I've moved and which ones I haven't yet moved to an album. Once they are in an...
  3. IE 11 Add-ons/Accelerators

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 Add-ons/Accelerators: Internet Explorer Gallery Is Microsoft slowly getting rid of its Add-ons for IE 11? I am using Windows 10, and i still use IE 11. Mainly for the use of Roboform Password Manager. Thats until they make it work with Edge. I wanted to swtich my Search Provider, from...
  4. Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan: The latest build 10049 has an early version of Spartan. I found it strange that when I enable the favorites bar, it shows what I had on my chrome install, not IE. The favorites bar is also cutoff. I think I was confused on the chrome thing*Redface [img] 5048
  5. Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge: Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge? 7255
  6. Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??: For some reason.. I can't find out how to turn that feature on in the latest build(10130).. any advice on how to turn spell check for Spartan/Edge would be nice.*Huh TIA 6929
  7. Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge: Has anyone found a method to open multiple favorites in Spartan/Edge? IE always has had the ability to right click a favorites folder and choose the option to open all favorites in the folder at once. I have yet to see any discussion or find a method to do so. Perhaps it just...
  8. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  9. Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge: OK, maybe I am missing something......but why if I stop Windows firewall, does it stop Spartan/Edge from being started!?. If Spartan is running and then I stop Windows firewall, Spartan continues to function - until I close it and then try to restart. I only ask as I use...
  10. Spartan now will be branded "Edge"

in Windows 10 News
    Spartan now will be branded "Edge": New name for Spartan broswer... Microsoft announced the oficial name of its new browser during the opening day of its Build 2015 show. [img] The final name is not "Spartan," which was the codename for the browser, as many had hoped and predicted. Instead, it's...