Windows 10: Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

Discus and support Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anthony C_550, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny.

:)

Anthony C_550, Apr 15, 2024
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Apr 15, 2024
  3. ffmim4 Win User
    Windows 11 taskbar and start menu displaying wrong color

Hello!

I just upgraded to windows 11 and I'm facing a problem with taskbar and start menu color. My accent color is 'Purple shadow' and color of title bars and windows border is okay. But start menu and taskbar is displaying a different color. It is sort of indigo color and I tried to restart but it remains the same color. Please give me some instructions so i can solve this problem. I

ffmim4, Apr 15, 2024
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Apr 15, 2024
Thema:

Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

1. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug? - Similar Threads - Accent Color covers

2. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?: So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny....
  3. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  4. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  5. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Search menu covering start menu.

Search menu covering start menu.: Hi there, After I updated my windows the other day, I can no longer accsess my start menu. When I either click the windows key on my keyboard, or press the button on the taskbar, the search menu opens at the same time and covers teh start menu. I have reinstalled my...
  7. Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle: I'm a bit late for Halloween, but anyone ever seen anything like this? https://i.imgur.com/CiV0PMx.png After typing in a query the search results appear to be mostly but not entirely covered by a large black rectangle (or grey rectangle in light mode). Clicking on it makes...
  8. Start menu covered by search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu covered by search: [ATTACH] I would appreciate help with a problem I accidentally created. I decided to do this registry tweak https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-try-out-the-rounded-corners-ui-in-windows-10-version-1903-526546.shtml. After I restarted my computer the start menu was...
  9. Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug

Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug: I've got a slideshow of images set as my desktop background, and under the Personalization settings for Colors I have the three settings "Automatically pick an accent color", "Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center" and "Make start, taskbar, and action center" all...
  10. Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color: I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are pretty garish. This tutorial shows an option to set color with HSB, which I used in the past in 8.1, but those options are...