Windows 10: Acceptable activation serial key

Discus and support Acceptable activation serial key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have/had installed on a number of computers, Windows 10 Enterprise x64 90 day evaluation edition. They are all expired by now, but still function for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by echelonone, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Acceptable activation serial key

I have/had installed on a number of computers, Windows 10 Enterprise x64 90 day evaluation edition. They are all expired by now, but still function for an hour or so I believe. I finally may be near buying serials keys for all the computers. The question is; Can I buy x64 Professional keys and successfully input them and activate the Professional version of Windows 10 even though Enterprise edition was/is initially/currently installed? Or, am I going to have to uninstall the Enterprise edition, and reinstall a Professional edition? I'm hoping to save all my settings and installed applications and not have to reinstall/configure everything all over again on every computer.

:)

echelonone, Jan 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Jan 28, 2019
  3. I need to activate Windows 8.1 which I updated to Windows 10 as suggested, but still the program is not accepting the key.

Original title: activate program

I need to activate Windows 8.1 which I updated to Windows 10 as suggested, program is not accepting serial number on packet or any other password which I tried to reset

WolfgangZichy, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Acceptable activation serial key

Wndows 10 does not accept product key

I got that Hans, but if this steps are taken:

• create the install media
    • boot from install media
    • format the drive
    • begin the install
    • skip the key (since it does not accept the w8.1 key)
    • finish install
    Then what happens? Am I just SOL? Do I have to pay for Windows AGAIN? There has got to be a way to call MS and "convert" a key, or get a replacement one...

eduardocesconetto, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Acceptable activation serial key

1. Acceptable activation serial key - Similar Threads - Acceptable activation serial

2. Windows activation not accepting my windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation not accepting my windows key: Won't accept my windows key I have one underthe laptop on a sticker won't work and the one with the windows cd that I formated with doesint work ether code erreur 0x80072F8F...
  3. Windows activation not accepting my windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation not accepting my windows key: Won't accept my windows key I have one underthe laptop on a sticker won't work and the one with the windows cd that I formated with doesint work ether code erreur 0x80072F8F...
  4. serial number will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number will not activate: My Alienware 14's OEM motherboard embedded serial doesn't work now. why? i also tried a legit serial for Win7 64bit pro sp1 and i get error code 0xC004E003 do you NOT support your own software unless it win 11 now?...
  5. serial number will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    serial number will not activate: My Alienware 14's OEM motherboard embedded serial doesn't work now. why? i also tried a legit serial for Win7 64bit pro sp1 and i get error code 0xC004E003 do you NOT support your own software unless it win 11 now?...
  6. Windows Serial Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Serial Key: How can I obtain the Windows Serial Key on a computer that is in the process of a Windows 10 recovery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-serial-key/fa2fc9b1-6bad-40e8-8fc2-54026906085d
  7. Activation/ product key not accepted

Activation/ product key not accepted: Hi: I checked out Win 10 PRO using a place holder key but now I am not able to roll it back to my OEM Win 10 HOME version of windows. I tried some steps like updating the registry to HOME from PRO and then mounting and running the ISO for WIN 10 but it doesn't work. It...
  8. Key Not Accepted

Key Not Accepted: I have a key for personal Office 365 however when I enter it doesn't install. The card has never been used as I had to scratch of the silver on the card. Cant figure out what is wrong....
  9. serial key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    serial key: How do I find my office serial key on the my account page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-key/38cc56f8-8958-437a-8797-9db7909c053d"
  10. Activation Key is not accepted

Activation Key is not accepted: I put in my activation key off of my computer page and it tells me to use another key or purchase one! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/activation-key-is-not-accepted/c1c581c1-c0ca-4764-a933-056460e1e984