Windows 10: accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close.

Discus and support accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was asked to download update, using win 10. Did that. everything worked fine. MS pass word worked fine. Went to go off line, close edge and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by salmegal, Aug 8, 2016.

1. salmegal Win User

accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close.

I was asked to download update, using win 10. Did that. everything worked fine. MS pass word worked fine. Went to go off line, close edge and it refused to close. Left computer on for hours, went back pressed on key, still the same problem. so I turned off the computer manually. Went back on, black screen, then purple screen, then it booted up. tried to enter password for ms, said it was invalid. I have had this problem prior to upload, have never been able to fix it. I want to go in w/ password so I can use the ms apps. Have been asked to reset password 5 times, still the same problem. After this download, finding the same problem, I came here instead before I go through the same repetitive actions over and over, to try to solve this problem. how do I find accounts in win 10 so I can find out how to fix the continuous password invalidation problem.

:)

salmegal, Aug 8, 2016

2. EDGE Microsoft needs a browser that works

The latest on Edge - refused to download attachments in Gmail. They downloaded immediately with Chrome....Amazing!

CortJohnson, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge refuses to close

About a week ago I noticed at first Edge would not open. Then recently it refuses to close. I have to Ctrl-Alt_Delete run Task Manager and force close Edge. I have the latest updates as of right now. Right now I have two Edge windows open. This one and
    the one I initially started my query with. This window will close but not the original.

billkaroly, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close.

1. accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close. - Similar Threads - accepted latest download

2. Edge closes unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes unexpectedly: My web browser Edge opens but closes unexpectedly and it is annoying that you are doing some research and it suddenly closes. How could that problem be solved with Edge?...
  3. Windows 10 installs but refuses to accept Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 installs but refuses to accept Product Key: I was running a copy of Windows 10 for Education, obtained from my former employer, whose license expired. Yesterday I bought a copy of Win10 Home from the Store, downloaded and installed. All went well - but today it tells me that my license is still invalid and when I...
  4. accept attribute is not supporting in edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accept attribute is not supporting in edge browser: input[type=file] accept attribute bug found in edge browser , How do i resolve this issue????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accept-attribute-is-not-supporting-in-edge-browser/420dd3b1-a615-4b1d-8f50-cc3a1aa6029b"
  5. Windows refuses to accept new default programs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows refuses to accept new default programs.: I don't seem to be able to set new default programs on Windows 10 Pro v1803. I have tried the following methods for setting a new default program: 1. Right click on .pdf file > Open With > Choose another app > Always use this app to open .pdf files. The file will open...
  6. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....
  7. View Poll Results: Do YOU find that Edge often refuses to close on command ?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do YOU find that Edge often refuses to close on command ?: I've attached a poll to this thread and its the title says really in that I'm wondering how widespread this issue is. You go to the top right and click the red 'Close' button, Edge responds by bringing up the expected 'Do you want to close all tabs' window, you click...
  8. Downloading in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading in Edge: I'm attempting to download Win 10 64-bit Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia website. On the Nvidia driver search page, after I've selected the search parameters and conducted the driver search, I come to an download button page. I click the download button and I arrive at an...
  9. Download on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Download on Edge: [img] It was downloading even if it couldn't reach page... LOL.. 104403
  10. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881