Windows 10: accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close.

Discus and support accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was asked to download update, using win 10. Did that. everything worked fine. MS pass word worked fine. Went to go off line, close edge and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by salmegal, Aug 8, 2016.

1. salmegal Win User

accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close.

I was asked to download update, using win 10. Did that. everything worked fine. MS pass word worked fine. Went to go off line, close edge and it refused to close. Left computer on for hours, went back pressed on key, still the same problem. so I turned off the computer manually. Went back on, black screen, then purple screen, then it booted up. tried to enter password for ms, said it was invalid. I have had this problem prior to upload, have never been able to fix it. I want to go in w/ password so I can use the ms apps. Have been asked to reset password 5 times, still the same problem. After this download, finding the same problem, I came here instead before I go through the same repetitive actions over and over, to try to solve this problem. how do I find accounts in win 10 so I can find out how to fix the continuous password invalidation problem.

:)

salmegal, Aug 8, 2016

2. EDGE Microsoft needs a browser that works

The latest on Edge - refused to download attachments in Gmail. They downloaded immediately with Chrome....Amazing!

CortJohnson, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge refuses to close

About a week ago I noticed at first Edge would not open. Then recently it refuses to close. I have to Ctrl-Alt_Delete run Task Manager and force close Edge. I have the latest updates as of right now. Right now I have two Edge windows open. This one and
    the one I initially started my query with. This window will close but not the original.

billkaroly, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close.

1. accepted latest download yesterday, edge refused to close. - Similar Threads - accepted latest download

2. edge closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  3. edge closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  4. HDD refuses to accept windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD refuses to accept windows: Hi,So I have a serious issue. I have 2 discs in my laptop. 1 is a ssd and the other a hdd. I've used the hdd for like 3 years now and wanted to switch to an ssd. I did. But there was sth suspicious about it. It always on startup started, shut down, and started up properly. I...
  5. HDD refuses to accept windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD refuses to accept windows: Hi,So I have a serious issue. I have 2 discs in my laptop. 1 is a ssd and the other a hdd. I've used the hdd for like 3 years now and wanted to switch to an ssd. I did. But there was sth suspicious about it. It always on startup started, shut down, and started up properly. I...
  6. HDD refuses to accept windows

7. Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?: any idea how I can overcome this? I also tried manually downloading and installing from microsoft catalog, but to no avail. 181805
  8. Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?: any idea how I can overcome this? I also tried manually downloading and installing from microsoft catalog, but to no avail. 181805
  9. How to close an app that refuses to close?

How to close an app that refuses to close?: 1. Press ctrl+shift+esc to activate task manager 2. Select the app that refuses to close 3. Click on the end task button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-an-app-that-refuses-to-close/7a7667f5-8062-4e0b-815d-880eae448d04
  10. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....