Windows 10: Accepted Windows 10 Update ...80 hours later, I get black screens, boot times 30 Minutes...

Discus and support Accepted Windows 10 Update ...80 hours later, I get black screens, boot times 30 Minutes... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I log in....goes to black screen with a cursor. Won't let me do anything....Says it's currently updating, but I can't do anything with it. Laptop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricGundle, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Accepted Windows 10 Update ...80 hours later, I get black screens, boot times 30 Minutes...

I log in....goes to black screen with a cursor. Won't let me do anything....Says it's currently updating, but I can't do anything with it. Laptop was fine until this junk update.. Computer became a brick that takes 30 minutes to let me sign in and continually presents a black screen with a cursor that dings when I click the screen. What gives? This is absolute junk. My $650 laptop became a brick two days ago. I need it for work. Need it fixed or will buy a Mac. This is crazy.

:)

EricGundle, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 21, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Accepted Windows 10 Update ...80 hours later, I get black screens, boot times 30 Minutes...

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Accepted Windows 10 Update ...80 hours later, I get black screens, boot times 30 Minutes...

1. Accepted Windows 10 Update ...80 hours later, I get black screens, boot times 30 Minutes... - Similar Threads - Accepted Update hours

2. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  3. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  4. BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour: Hi! for the past 24 hours, my laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145 with Ryzen 5 and 12GB of RAM, Windows 11 Home has been getting the BSOD, although it usually just freezes with some artifacts on the screen for a split second. This happen every 45 minutes or so, and the laptop will...
  5. BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour: Hi! for the past 24 hours, my laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145 with Ryzen 5 and 12GB of RAM, Windows 11 Home has been getting the BSOD, although it usually just freezes with some artifacts on the screen for a split second. This happen every 45 minutes or so, and the laptop will...
  6. Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen: Hi, We've now had a three laptops (HP but completely different models) go from working completely normally to having major problems with no obvious root cause. The latest laptop to have this happened this morning and I see no Windows Updates or HP Updates for yesterday or...
  7. Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes): Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a week it started to have problem that it takes time too long than normal when it is restarted or booted. I have tried multiple...
  8. PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update: Hello Since the Windows Updates in August I have found that after installing an update and shutting down/powering up or restarting my PC starts up and then switches off before starting up again. When the PC starts up there is no signal to the monitor but my keyboard and...
  9. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518
  10. Windows 10 mysterious slow death every 30 minutes to an hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 mysterious slow death every 30 minutes to an hour: My apologies that the title is not more descriptive but the most distinguishing detail about my problem is a complete lack of distinguishing details. No error codes no repeatable cause no entries in the event viewer and no log files. Let me give an example: I am...