Windows 10: Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a VOIP service that saves every voicemail with the same name. When I opened them with Windows 7 Outlook, a temporary internet file was placed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Craig E, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Craig E Win User

Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer

I have a VOIP service that saves every voicemail with the same name. When I opened them with Windows 7 Outlook, a temporary internet file was placed in the folder: "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\14AB0KAD". Once I reached a certain number of these files in that folder, I could not open any more voicemail files from Outlook. I figured out how to delete these in Windows 7 to restore the VOIP functionality. Now with Windows 10, I am denied access to the .....\Temporary Internet Files\ folder above, even though I am using Admin to run my laptop. I anticipate that if I don't figure out now how to delete these files, my VOIP voicemail files won't be able to be opened very soon...again. How do I get access to this folder in Win10? I can't seem to change folder properties.

:)

Craig E, Aug 30, 2015
  2. NShafkat Win User

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Ramesh,

Yes, you got it right.

I did not have any issues with deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files while Internet Explorer was my default browser. The problem started when I made Microsoft Edge the default browser.

So what you're saying means that I'll never be able to delete the Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files as long as Microsoft Edge is the default browser and if I access those files at an interval of less than 7 days.
    (Unless, of course, Microsoft comes up with a solution). Am I correct?

One more question: If I now go back and make Internet Explorer my default browser, will I be able to delete the Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files that have accumulated while Microsoft Edge was the default browser?

Regards.

NShafkat, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Full scan MS Defender taking over 20+ HOURS.

This issue happens due to temporary Internet files, cookies, and other applog files. To resolve this issue, it is recommended to remove all these files before you schedule a full scan.

Deleting the temporary files and the browsing history increases the performance of Internet Explorer. However, you can store the temporary files till the space allocated to it is completely filled up. So it is wise to delete the files and the browsing history,
    every couple of months.

Refer to these steps to remove all temporary files:

1. Delete the temporary files and the browsing history.

2. Reset Internet Explorer settings.

Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer

1. Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Access Delete Temporary

2. My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB will not delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB will not delete: My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB (The Temporary Internet Files folder which contains webpages stored on my hard disk for quick viewing. My personalised settings for webpages that are left intact) were not deleted. I can’t even find the folder to delete them...
  3. temporary internet files will not clear

temporary internet files will not clear: hi Microsoft: Days ago, after going to disk cleanup, the temporary internet files will not clear. I restarted my device and will clear up. I had already cleared over 600 mb of files. In the past, when it gets to the point when I cleared up over 500 mb of files, the temporary...
  4. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Internet Files: I routinely do a 'Disk Clean Up' for my C: This time, I see that the Temporary Internet Files is at 16.4 GB disk space. If I click on view files, the Temporary Internet Files folder is empty. But in the Disk Cleanup utility, the space has increased from 15.7 GB to 16.4 GB in...
  5. Cant Delete Temporary Internet Files in my Windows 10 pc

Cant Delete Temporary Internet Files in my Windows 10 pc: since they have now locked the original thread that ran for 3 years..here's a new one Issue still remains -there was an update for windows 10 1809 today that was supposed to fix a wide range of issues unfortunately deleting Temporary Internet Files wasn't one of them...
  6. temporary internet files missing

in Browsers and Email
    temporary internet files missing: how do I get the 'temporary internet files' 'view files' option to display all of the files accessed. 108964
  7. Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10: hi guys, cant deleit more than 6 gb Temporary Internet Files I try ccleaner and all stuuf but still see 6GB any ideas? *Smile 14262
  8. Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.: CCleaner always detects 1-2GB files to be cleaned from IE. I don't use IE, Edge occasionally so what are these files? Are they possibly Windows update files? 89384
  9. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...
  10. Won't delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't delete temporary files: My Inspirio 14 laptop currently has 5.74 GB of useless files sitting around in it, but none of the tools to delete them are working. Both Disk Cleanup and the option in the menu at:Settings>System>Storage>This PC>Temporary Files. Disk Cleanup won't even start, even allowing...