Windows 10: Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a VOIP service that saves every voicemail with the same name. When I opened them with Windows 7 Outlook, a temporary internet file was placed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Craig E, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Craig E Win User

Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer

I have a VOIP service that saves every voicemail with the same name. When I opened them with Windows 7 Outlook, a temporary internet file was placed in the folder: "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\14AB0KAD". Once I reached a certain number of these files in that folder, I could not open any more voicemail files from Outlook. I figured out how to delete these in Windows 7 to restore the VOIP functionality. Now with Windows 10, I am denied access to the .....\Temporary Internet Files\ folder above, even though I am using Admin to run my laptop. I anticipate that if I don't figure out now how to delete these files, my VOIP voicemail files won't be able to be opened very soon...again. How do I get access to this folder in Win10? I can't seem to change folder properties.

:)

Craig E, Aug 30, 2015
  2. NShafkat Win User

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Ramesh,

Yes, you got it right.

I did not have any issues with deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files while Internet Explorer was my default browser. The problem started when I made Microsoft Edge the default browser.

So what you're saying means that I'll never be able to delete the Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files as long as Microsoft Edge is the default browser and if I access those files at an interval of less than 7 days.
    (Unless, of course, Microsoft comes up with a solution). Am I correct?

One more question: If I now go back and make Internet Explorer my default browser, will I be able to delete the Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files that have accumulated while Microsoft Edge was the default browser?

Regards.

NShafkat, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Full scan MS Defender taking over 20+ HOURS.

This issue happens due to temporary Internet files, cookies, and other applog files. To resolve this issue, it is recommended to remove all these files before you schedule a full scan.

Deleting the temporary files and the browsing history increases the performance of Internet Explorer. However, you can store the temporary files till the space allocated to it is completely filled up. So it is wise to delete the files and the browsing history,
    every couple of months.

Refer to these steps to remove all temporary files:

1. Delete the temporary files and the browsing history.

2. Reset Internet Explorer settings.

Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer

1. Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Access Delete Temporary

2. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to delete all temporary internet files: How to delete all temporary internet files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-temporary-internet-files/d63d6f5f-77e8-4457-b1a0-e6650c38a696
  3. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete all temporary internet files: How to delete all temporary internet files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-temporary-internet-files/d63d6f5f-77e8-4457-b1a0-e6650c38a696
  4. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  5. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  6. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10: Windows 10 tells me that my disk space is getting low on my C: drive. And it is. 120MB according to File Explorer. So I went to Settings|System|Storage|Free up space now. The scan there found 1.90GB in Temporary Internet Files. I clicked Remove Files, and after some...
  8. get access to temporary internet files folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    get access to temporary internet files folder: How do I get Access to the Temporary Internet File folder. It has a small arrow next to the folder symbol and denies access to this file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-access-to-temporary-internet-files-folder/b0557c2c-255b-4221-ae22-96c7e7a2992e"
  9. Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10: hi guys, cant deleit more than 6 gb Temporary Internet Files I try ccleaner and all stuuf but still see 6GB any ideas? *Smile 14262
  10. Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.: CCleaner always detects 1-2GB files to be cleaned from IE. I don't use IE, Edge occasionally so what are these files? Are they possibly Windows update files? 89384