Windows 10: access BIOS settings in Win 10

Discus and support access BIOS settings in Win 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by R BruceBeckner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

:)

R BruceBeckner, Mar 20, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 20, 2020
  3. entering Bios settings

Hi Geoff,

To access BIOS settings under Windows 10 operating system, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Update & security, select Recovery then under
      Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, then click
      UEFI Firmware Settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, Mar 20, 2020
  4. access BIOS settings in Win 10

Bio-metric access in WIN 10

I have an HP laptop that was working fine with WIN 7 using the "on board" bio-metric access.

After I upgraded to WIN 10 the fingerprint reader quit working and I have no access to the computer.

HELP! How do I get in to fix the reader or to switch to "normal" password entry?

RobertMaroldy, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

access BIOS settings in Win 10

1. access BIOS settings in Win 10 - Similar Threads - access BIOS settings

2. 10....BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    10....BIOS settings: how do i enable virtulation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10bios-settings/8dd823a9-2d88-492b-9b43-a6ce994959c1
  3. Accessing the BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accessing the BIOS settings: Hey, i'm not being able to access the BIOS settings. I tried the advanced restart in the recovery and clicked on the UEFI firmware settings and restarted but nothing happens and reboots normally. Is there a way to fix this or any other way to enter the bios settings?...
  4. Windows 10 - BIOS Setting

Windows 10 - BIOS Setting: I have Dell Inspiron 7559, which I upgraded by adding Samsung 860 SSD M.2 of 500GB. The SSD was successfully installed and activated in the system. I am looking to achieve 2 things: 1. Freshly install Win 10 (OS) on SSD and make it bootable. 2. Format the old HDD and use it...
  5. I can not access the settings in win 10

I can not access the settings in win 10: When I go to the windows icon at the bottom left and click on settings, I get the settings icon on the taskbar but I can not open/maximize it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-access-the-settings-in-win-10/873f3c77-201b-4369-956d-d7044228211f
  6. No access to system settings on my win 10 deskop

No access to system settings on my win 10 deskop: After latest win 10 update, ver 1903, I cannot access system settings(display, sound, notification, power). Screen flashes, then disappears. All other window setting options are available....
  7. BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BIOS settings: How do I configure BIOS settings on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-settings/ddd53601-5bcb-4091-9192-c2b28f89ca67"
  8. Windows 10 BIOS Settings

Windows 10 BIOS Settings: I am on a win 10 acer aspire one and when I try access f2 startup settings to get to bios, it asks me for my current password. I put it in and it rejects it and says it is incorrect. I need to access this so I can enable uefi settings so I can increase my dedicated video ram....
  9. Win 10 Access

Win 10 Access: Hi! I am trying to help a nonprofit that recently purchased pc's with Windows 10 installed. I need help with two issues. #1-When doing the initial setup, and asked "Who will be using this computer?", it was mistaken to mean the ACTUAL USER (standard user), not the local...
  10. no bios access

in Windows 10 Support
    no bios access: I can't access my bios at all, theres no option in the start up nor when i go into the windows recovery option, ive tried spamming f2 and so on, can someone please help? I'm not very good with computers either. [img] [img] 91601