Windows 10: Access blocked to folders/files.

Discus and support Access blocked to folders/files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason I am running into instances where I cannot open some random folders or files, copy/paste. I've followed every procedure I could find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weybrew, Nov 7, 2019.

1. weybrew Win User

Access blocked to folders/files.

For some reason I am running into instances where I cannot open some random folders or files, copy/paste. I've followed every procedure I could find but kept running into various blocks. Windows 10, v1903
    Access blocked to folders/files. [​IMG]

:)

weybrew, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Access blocked to folders/files.

1. Access blocked to folders/files. - Similar Threads - Access blocked folders

2. Protected Folder Access Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protected Folder Access Blocked: Your administrator has blocked this action. App or process blocked: igxpun.exe. Blocked by: Controlled folder access. Is this the legitimate Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver? Thank you....
  3. folder access & file access

folder access & file access: Hi, I was using a portable hard drive when using desktop computers at uni. Now, random folders are access denied whilst many others aren't: "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". > "Click continue to permanently get access to this folder" I checked...
  4. Controlled Folder Access Blocked PowerMgrInst.exe

Controlled Folder Access Blocked PowerMgrInst.exe: On 9-12 Windows Update installed a number of non OS updates for Insider Build 18980. A Lenovo System update was included. During restart folder protection blocked PowerMgrInst.exe from making changes to protected memory. The application has digital signatures from Lenovo and...
  5. Folder and file access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder and file access: For some reason I am unable to access folders or files on my PC - I am administrator etc. but I keep getting messages that I am not authorised to access the folder. This is true of the documents folder too and a lot of my work is contained there! any suggestions?...
  6. No file or folder access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No file or folder access: I recently built a new computer. I created a user 'Mike' with administrator type access. It's the only user on this computer. I am being restricted from accessing some of my files and folders. If I try to change or delete a file I get a 'File Access Denied' Same thing happens...
  7. Controlled folder access blocked a program

Controlled folder access blocked a program: Hi. I daily get notification on windows 10 about blocking of xyz by controlled folder access to memory. But I have already included that app in allowed apps still I get this daily. Somebody help. Thanks...
  8. Controlled folder access blocked

Controlled folder access blocked: All of a sudden over the past couple of weeks, I am getting controlled folder access blocked messages. As time goes by, the messages are coming with increasing frequency. At first it was blocking programs like Foxit and CCleaner. The latest blocks are: Controlled Folder...
  9. Controlled-folder Access Blocked

Controlled-folder Access Blocked: I have started having a message saying "Controlled-folder access blocked" whenever I try to run programs. It says that Windows Defender is blocking them. These are popular programs. I have never had this problem before. I don't know what started causing this or how to fix...
  10. Controlled folder access block

Controlled folder access block: Yesterday morning I was playing a game on my Windows 10 PC that requires me to have the disc inserted in my CD drive. When I went to play it today, I received a message that there was no disc inserted. I opened my CD drive and, lo and behold, my disc was right there. When I...