Windows 10: Access built in adminstrator Dell Inspirion running Windows 10

Discus and support Access built in adminstrator Dell Inspirion running Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The user name that appears in my C drive and relates to my primary administrator account has somehow been changed to a a different name. It's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JPXJ, Jun 22, 2019.

1. JPXJ Win User

Access built in adminstrator Dell Inspirion running Windows 10

The user name that appears in my C drive and relates to my primary administrator account has somehow been changed to a a different name. It's been that way for some time but I didn't realize that certain files showing the "the substituted / alien user name" will not recognize the authority/permissions of the administrator account with the original name. There are folders related to a deleted Vault that I cannot get rid of. System restore will not reset to an earlier date because it cannot access these folders. some of which I can't even find.

I plan to use the built in administrator to create a new ( replace the original ) primary administrator profile linked to my outlook email. I've seen on another non Microsoft site how to do this through command prompt but need more complete directions.

At minimum I need direction to activate the built in administrator. Technicians from the app that provided the Vault system have gone through my entire system without success at deleting these files even using the built in administrator. I tried to create separate permission for the "alien" user without much success. The files now pretend to be deleting but just spins forever and never make it into the recycle bin.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it, but as might already be evident, I am not very knowledgeable about computers or "computerese" so please feel free to explain as though you were helping your grandma. Thank you..

***Moved From: Windows 10/Mixed Reality/Device Issues***

:)

2. t_visco Win User

Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop

Hello,

I am trying to change the font setting in Windows 10 on a Dell Inspirion Laptop. I looked around on the Internet and read about what other people are doing, but I can't find the appropriate buttons or links in Settings to make this happen. What do you
    suggest? I have McAffee and Webroot running at the moment.

-

t_visco, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Access built in adminstrator Dell Inspirion running Windows 10

my Dell Inspirion 3541 won't update windows 10 version 1709

my Dell Inspirion 3541 won't update windows 10 version 1709 due to an external syskey and it wants an internal syskey. i get error code Oxc1900209 everytime and thats not on the virtual agent list. The latest version it updated was Version 1607for x64-based
    systems(KB408889) on 3/30/18

IngridAniol, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Access built in adminstrator Dell Inspirion running Windows 10

1. Access built in adminstrator Dell Inspirion running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Access built adminstrator

2. Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion: I have an older Sony HandyCam, and I want to put a couple videos on my computer so I can share them with friends and family. I connected it to my computer via USB, and it opened the Photos app. When I went to import videos from it, the photos app just says "Please update your...
  3. Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion: I have an older Sony HandyCam, and I want to put a couple videos on my computer so I can share them with friends and family. I connected it to my computer via USB, and it opened the Photos app. When I went to import videos from it, the photos app just says "Please update your...
  4. Touchpad not working on DELL-Inspirion 3542

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working on DELL-Inspirion 3542: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on my Dell laptop, Inspirion 3542, x86 i3-4030 CPUMy touchpad is not working since I updated to windows 10. Previously I was running windows 7 and the touchpad worked fine. But after upgrading my PC to Windows 10 using the windows update tool, now...
  5. Components still running after shutdown in Dell Inspirion 14 3467

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Components still running after shutdown in Dell Inspirion 14 3467: Hi all,I am seriously in a dilemma for a whole month. My laptop, Dell Inspirion 14 3467 with Windows 10 is behaving very abnormally. The main issue I'm facing is that I can still hear some components inside my laptop even after the shutdown. Here are a few incidents that I'd...
  6. Windows 10/Dell Inspirion 14 7000 Screen Rotation

Windows 10/Dell Inspirion 14 7000 Screen Rotation: Hi, I just got a new 2-in-1 and have 3 days left to decide if I should return it. When I open the action center, the Rotation lock is greyed out but is also blue. Nothing I've done has seemed to help it. The issue is, whenever I fold my screen all the way back to use it...
  7. Windows 10 100% Disk Usage - Dell Inspirion 5567

Windows 10 100% Disk Usage - Dell Inspirion 5567: Hi, I am using Dell laptop and i have noticed that Disk activity is showing 100% in task manager and slowing down my system every-time . I tried fixing this by doing below :- 1. Sfc /Scannow – No integrity violation 2. chkdsk.exe /f /r – No bad sectors...
  8. Dell inspirion 2 in 1

Dell inspirion 2 in 1: So I formatted my laptop and It keeps getting stuck on the startup and keeps resetting and it won't start no matter what I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspirion-2-in-1/8834a8e4-57d7-4d34-b5ce-bdf163f641a0
  9. Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Font Setting in Windows 10 on Dell Inspirion Laptop: Hello, I am trying to change the font setting in Windows 10 on a Dell Inspirion Laptop. I looked around on the Internet and read about what other people are doing, but I can't find the appropriate buttons or links in Settings to make this happen. What do you suggest? I...
  10. Run as Adminstrator Not Working

Run as Adminstrator Not Working: Hello, my RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR function is no longer working. When I click on it--to say download or run something that needs admin privileges, all that happens is my computer freezes on my desktop background picture. I am hoping someone can help me. Thank-you....