Windows 10: Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive

Discus and support Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,is it possible to configure access control on the shared-drive which is "mounted" on Hyper-V machine on Windows 10 when enhanced session mode is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PAVEL DUDA1, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive

Hello,is it possible to configure access control on the shared-drive which is "mounted" on Hyper-V machine on Windows 10 when enhanced session mode is used? This shared drive is mounted with administrative privileges by default and that means that users of Hyper-V machine have basically unlimited access to the system drive or any drive that is available - eg. when subst command is used to expose just user home directory.

:)

PAVEL DUDA1, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Enhanced Session Mode question

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

What exactly did you want enhanced mode for? If it was for sound in the VM then you're out of luck. But if it was for transferring files then there are alternatives.

You could share a folder on the host and connect to it from the VM. For that you'd need to add a network adapter (which will also give the VM internet access, resulting in the VM checking for a digital license and finding that it's not activated). Using the Default Switch will let you access shares on the host only, or other VMs on the same host. For other PCs on the network you'd need to set up a virtual switch in Hyper-V Manager's Virtual Switch Manager.

Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive [​IMG]

If the file you want to access from the VM is an ISO, then add a DVD drive to the SCSI Controller.

For other types of files you can create a virtual .vhd drive using Hyper-V Manager > Actions > New > Hard disk... That can be mounted by the host and by the VM as a shared drive.

3. Kari Win User
    Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working

The RDP config file for a VM is only created when enhanced mode settings are saved. If user switches to enhanced mode without saving the settings, no RDP configuration file will be created.

To save configuration, first switch to enhanced mode:

Click Show Options:

Select Save my settings and click Connect:

In normal mode, resolution can be changed exactly as on physical machines, right click on desktop and select Display Settings.

When switching to enhanced mode on a VM with no configuration saved, use the slider in VM Connect window to set resolution:

4. Kari Win User

Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive

Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working

As I said in my previous post, enhanced mode ONLY works on virtual machines with Windows 8.1 or later. See the note in beginning of this tutorial: Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Thema:

Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive

1. Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive - Similar Threads - Access control Hyper

2. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V: Before posting, i read from learn.microsoft about Hyper-V, i have also read most of "Introduction to Hyper-V on Windows 10" pdf as well.However i am missing something..The thing goes like this:I have a Win10 Pro desktop. and want to use Hyper-V to install linux OS.From the...
  3. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V: Before posting, i read from learn.microsoft about Hyper-V, i have also read most of "Introduction to Hyper-V on Windows 10" pdf as well.However i am missing something..The thing goes like this:I have a Win10 Pro desktop. and want to use Hyper-V to install linux OS.From the...
  4. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive: Hello,is it possible to configure access control on the shared-drive which is "mounted" on Hyper-V machine on Windows 10 when enhanced session mode is used? This shared drive is mounted with administrative privileges by default and that means that users of Hyper-V machine...
  6. Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access control for Hyper-V enhanced session mode shared-drive: Hello,is it possible to configure access control on the shared-drive which is "mounted" on Hyper-V machine on Windows 10 when enhanced session mode is used? This shared drive is mounted with administrative privileges by default and that means that users of Hyper-V machine...
  7. Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V: I have enabled the Enhanced session on the Hyper-V manager and the Guest services in the integration services. The below screen shows up once i reboot the server but i forgot to press show option to enable PNP. Is there a way to open the below screen again please....
  8. Hyper-V, Windows 10 Samrtcard access in enhanced session mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hyper-V, Windows 10 Samrtcard access in enhanced session mode: Hi, I've recently enabled hyper-v on my Windows 10 pro system that's updated (June 2019). I've seen that enhanced session mode is available for both the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and the Ubuntu 19.04 templates from the "quick create" menu. This has the ability to access local...
  9. Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working: WIN 10 build 1809. Very strange problem. Hyper-V was working fine with enhanced sessions and then went south. Checked Hyper-v settings and both Server -- > Enhanced Session Mode Policy and User --> Enhanced Session Mode are checked. With new virtual machines there is no...
  10. Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and...