Windows 10: Access Denied appears when posting valid Links

Discus and support Access Denied appears when posting valid Links in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looking for some general forum help. Occasionally I will post a valid link, like to the Microsoft Media Creator and when I submit the link is replaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Caledon Ken, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Access Denied appears when posting valid Links

Looking for some general forum help. Occasionally I will post a valid link, like to the Microsoft Media Creator and when I submit the link is replaced by the words Access Denied. Today I posted one to an AVG forum.

Does someone know why this occurs? Is the forum scanning the site in link and seeing bad things. I would not send somebody to link I haven't used and MBAM and Norton seem happy at my end.

:)

Caledon Ken, Jan 9, 2017
  2. LucTrudel Win User

re-notifications

I get access denied when I go to the uservoice site - is the site still valid or is it now closed or ??

Thanks.

Luc

LucTrudel, Jan 9, 2017
  3. mbewley Win User
    Problem installing Ovi Map 3.4 to 6710

To clarify, I downloaded from maps.nokia.com, clicking the link to get the installer for the 6710, so the comment in the sticky thread about "some phones are unsupported" (to the access denied error) isn't valid, as Nokia quite clearly states support!

Help please?

mbewley, Jan 9, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Access Denied appears when posting valid Links

Thanks for asking this. I've noticed this for several days as well.

SoFine409, Jan 9, 2017
  5. What browser are you using?
    Have you tried a different browser?

lehnerus2000, Jan 10, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Doesn't matter what browser you are using, it is the interaction between the forum server and the website server being linked to. After you post, you can go back and edit the link:

Access Denied appears when posting valid Links [​IMG]

Access Denied

Microsoft ISO Download

NavyLCDR, Jan 10, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    No. The forum is querying the site to ask for the title of the page being linked to so that it can be used as ta descriptive name for your link. Some sites have their security set to reject such requests, returning instead the string 'Access Denied'. Our forum then dutifully uses this as the title of your link. NavyLCR's 'Microsoft ISO download' is a case where it used to work as intended, but seems Microsoft have tightened up their website security recently and now give the 'access Denied' response.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

My "Microsoft ISO download" is the manual editing of the link created by the forum. "Before and after" as shown in the screen capture, before is what the forum automatically produced with Access Denied, after is after editing my post, and changing the words "Access Denied" to "Microsoft ISO download" in the URL code produced by the forum.

NavyLCDR, Jan 10, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    My point was that, as I recall, until recently such links to that particular Microsoft web server seemed to get a sensible title returned, and now get the 'Access Denied' response, necessitating the manual edit you described. Microsoft have tightened up security, it appears.

10. I marked as solved as the question has been answered.

Now, how are you editing? I know this is a basic basic skill.

I go back to a posting with Access Denied, enter edit and the detail NavyLCDR shows I don't get. I saw the post was from Notepad so I copied into notepad. If it matters, Chrome is my browser.

Thank you.

Caledon Ken, Jan 10, 2017
  11. You need to change to "Source Mode" in the comment edit box. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Jan 11, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    This is my original post before hitting the post button:

After posting, this is what I get when I click edit:

I change the words "Access Denied" to what I want, highlighted:

NavyLCDR, Jan 11, 2017
  13. Access Denied appears when posting valid Links

Got it. Thanks gentlemen. Mark this as solved twice.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Access Denied appears when posting valid Links - Similar Threads - Access Denied appears

2. "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders: Good day,I have a desktop Windows 7 Professional & a laptop Windows 10 Professional which are joined to the similar Active Directory domain & I can log into both desktop & laptop.My laptop Windows 10 Professional can access the share folder assuming the share folder's name is...
  3. "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders: Good day,I have a desktop Windows 7 Professional & a laptop Windows 10 Professional which are joined to the similar Active Directory domain & I can log into both desktop & laptop.My laptop Windows 10 Professional can access the share folder assuming the share folder's name is...
  4. Access denied when accessing to USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access denied when accessing to USB drive: Hello Support, I have been trying to access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message. Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-when-accessing-to-usb-drive/6868d2d8-e022-4279-8182-214be97a481b
  5. Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in...: [ATTACH] Respect snaps have been attached for your ref. Am having two internal storage drives- SSD 256GB System drive + HDD 931GB Recently, I've changed the default Storage content from System drive SSD-256GB to my HDD thro' storage setting->Change where new content is...
  6. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied: I tried to turn on Windows Developer mode and it says "Access Denied". Can I get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/cb69b709-417b-4627-bf8b-c0afe456548a
  7. wrong link, access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wrong link, access denied: i am trying to log on to my account on ahs.com. When i click on the my account while in windowed view it takes me to the login page with no issue, however when i am in the maximized view it takes me instead to...
  8. Validating links in Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Validating links in Excel: Not sure if anyone here can assist but here goes :) I haven't found a working solution online for this yet so i'm picking brains. What i've done is created an excel file with all of the internal apps that my company uses. We're in the process of changing them over from http...
  9. Access Denied

Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d
  10. Access denied when connecting to microsoft.com

Access denied when connecting to microsoft.com: Hi, I had this problem said access denied when I tried to connect to www.microsoft.com. I have tried to contact my router company see if I got blocked by them but they said no. I have also tried clean all the caches and everything I saved on all of my browsers (IE Edge,...