Windows 10: Access denied, contact system admin

Discus and support Access denied, contact system admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just have a (I hope) simple question. I upgraded to Windows 10, and now any time I create a new doc, new excel sheet, try to scan something in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dabauz, Aug 10, 2015.

1. dabauz Win User

Access denied, contact system admin

I just have a (I hope) simple question.

I upgraded to Windows 10, and now any time I create a new doc, new excel sheet, try to scan something in to folders I have spent moths setting up and organizing - all tell me "access denied", contact system Admin?

WTF... I am the sys admin, it's my freaking laptop...

Sorry, I have NO idea where to post this?

:)

dabauz, Aug 10, 2015
  2. AlphaBruster Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081444) - Error 0x80200056

Cannot stop or start "net bits". Admin command prompt says "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied. I am using the admin prompt, so I don't know why it would deny me access.

AlphaBruster, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Accidentally Deleted

Hi!

See if they are in recycle bin and restore. System should have requested admin, then said access denied.

Teddy2016, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Jillderry Win User

I have the same problem. I save to desktop for documents I need to eSign and now I am not allowed to save to desktop, nor can I change any of the docs already there. I too am administrator. I hope someone can provide hints to solve this very irritating issue. Thanks.

Jillderry, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Access denied, contact system admin - Similar Threads - Access denied contact

2. Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin: Hi, My recycle bin is corrupted and I followed all solutions online and non of them worked. The annoying message I get every time is "The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the recycle bin for this drive?" I know that this tells me the problem is in C:\...
  3. denied access

in Windows 10 Customization
    denied access: I'm trying to open a folder on my personal pc and getting a denied access error saying you will have to go to the security tab to gain access. The folder is on my D: drive and is named WindowsApps. I'm running Win 10. I am the only one using this pc. How do I gain access?...
  4. Access Denied: System Volume Information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied: System Volume Information: I am the administrator with UAC disabled (via registry) What's the deal here? You can unhide system files but cannot edit them? Very useful, I hope I am missing something... [img] 87693
  5. Access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access denied: How do I let Windows 10 know that when it comes to this computer, I am the owner, the administrator, the decision maker and the boss; and that I don't need anyone's permission to do what I want as long as the system is able to do it and it is legal. 37661
  6. System error 5 Access denied

System error 5 Access denied: Hello, When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not show up as an option. I tried using the default administer account via command prompt and I get a "system error 5" "Access...
  7. Access is denied

Access is denied: I'm trying to free on space on Drive C: and cannot get into "Documents and Settings" or see what space it's using. Just "not accessible Access is Denied". It looks like it's a shortcut, not a folder. Guess it's a Win 10 thing ? Can I get around this anyhow ?...
  8. Access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied: As a windows 10 administrator (the only one) I keep getting access denied when I try to open the application data folder. My Win 10 was an upgrade from win 7. This is as frustrating as h--l! Can anyone sort it for me. Make sure you describe whatever I have to do in...
  9. Win 10 Pro - Constant Admin access denied and problems!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro - Constant Admin access denied and problems!: Win 10 Problems I’m having Constant Access is denied (and related problems…. I have googled/searched a Lot for this problem, and find most solutions suggest use “Run as Administrator” or change(manhandle ACL/premissions). Yes this sometimes provides a work around, but leads...
  10. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access is denied: [img] Hi when I go to This pc-Local Disc c-Users-admin there are a lot of short cuts that bring up an error message [img] can these be deleted or can someone explain what they are. Cheers............ 27263