Windows 10: Access Denied Documents Folder

Discus and support Access Denied Documents Folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a gaming mouse which is being denied access to my documents folder, I had some kind of issue like this before. . My security settings have given... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tonys317, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Tonys317 Win User

Access Denied Documents Folder

I have a gaming mouse which is being denied access to my documents folder, I had some kind of issue like this before. . My security settings have given me occasional issue in the past. My only real concern is this program loads at start, I want it granted access to do whatever it wants, it is being denied, I think? Is that the problem? The three pics below might help? I do not know what any mean. The one account was MYNAME(myemail) so I blocked them out, not sure if it matters.

Any thoughts, why are my documents, my folder on my computer... Why is it not doing what I want? *Smile TY Should I speak harshly to my computer about denying me? Gah! TY!

:)

Tonys317, Jun 23, 2017
  2. ChThSuRu Win User

Winows 10 Mail App

This doesn't work.

When I try to open the 'My Documents' folder as the main user is says: "Access Denied".

I activated the administrator account to try it from there, but when I open the user folder there is no 'My Documents' folder.

What next?

ChThSuRu, Jun 23, 2017
  3. NichoM Win User
    Moving Document Folder Access Denied

After upgrading from XP to Windows 7 through to Windows 10, 2 document folders were set up for each user account. I have not been able to relocate the first document folder for the main user user/administrator account from C: drive to another E: drive user
    volume. When I try this I get the error message "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."

I have tranferred all document folders for other users to another drive and also the document (My Documents) folders contained in the second documents folder to the E:drive user volume.

The first document folder remaining folders and files are varied including some Windows default folders like "My Web Sites", My Videos" etc., "Outlook Files" and a handfull of other folders and files.

How do I get this resolved so that this documents folder can be relocated onto the other drive to function correctly within the document library?

NichoM, Jun 23, 2017
  4. Tonys317 Win User

The large snippet (picture) is just a copy of one here. I needed to edit it. That is why the top might look confusing. I re-captured that image on this forum.

Tonys317, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Access Denied Documents Folder - Similar Threads - Access Denied Documents

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  4. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  5. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: I have a folder under Users/<Me>/Pictures that I need to rename but am unable to. I get the following error: [ATTACH] NOTE: I am this user and also "own" the folder: [ATTACH] How do I resolve this? Any ideas?...
  6. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  7. Access denied of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied of "Documents": Hi, I just recently realised that my folder "Documents" can't be edited. Whenever I try to delete a file or change a name in it, it just gives me the error of "Access denied" even though I am the admin of the computer. I provided a screenshot. [img] I found a .reg...
  8. folder access denied

folder access denied: Quand j'essaie d'ouvrir certains dossiers il m'est impossible d’accéder car je reçois le message "Vous ne disposez pas des autorisations requises pour accéder a ce dossier"...
  9. Folder Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Folder Access Denied: I recently tried to change my Username from the default first five letters of my email address by following one of Shawn Brinks tutorials. After three or four failed attempts I gave up and am stuck with the default which is C:\ User\grtat. I will probably return to that in...
  10. Access to Users/Documents denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to Users/Documents denied: Hi all, Everything was working fine till now, then suddenly I get an error message that access to Users/jain/Documents is denied. I searched a bit online and I ended up unlinking my OneDrive account and enabling the hidden Administrator account to no vail. Its not just...