Windows 10: Access denied error

Discus and support Access denied error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was playing around with the security tab in properties menu in a folder. I removed a couple of users's access in there. But I didn't remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mahdifa, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Mahdifa Win User

Access denied error

I was playing around with the security tab in properties menu in a folder. I removed a couple of users's access in there. But I didn't remove the administrator's access. after applying, I lost my access to the whole drive. I tried to add the removed users's accesses to that drive but it didn't work. There are very important datas there and I realy need them. What should I do ??

:)

Mahdifa, Feb 14, 2017

2. transferring nokia apps from old transflash card to new one

Aaaah! If only life were that simple. Nokia have somehow 'protected' these files against copying. Below is a dump of a windows backup which is the easiest way to illustrate the problem. Somehow the files are write protected.

Nokia scores 10 for providing these applications and 0 for making them difficult to copy.

I've tried altering the file properties (they are generally Achive/Read Only) but that still does not allow me to copy them.

Any more ideas?

Job Name: nokia transflash backup

Backup Job Started - 04/08/2006 08:58:32

Error: K:\SD Content Package sd_emea - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefcollections\intro_Nokia6233intro.jar - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefcollections\nwp_SD_EMEA.jar - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefcollections\sensor_SD_EMEA.jar - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefgames\rally3d_SD_EMEA.jar - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefgames\socr_SD_EMEA.jar - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefgraphics\predefscreensavers\Effect.swf - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefgraphics\predefscreensavers\Galaxy.swf - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefgraphics\predefscreensavers\Photos.swf - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefgraphics\predefscreensavers\Ripple.gif - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefgraphics\predefscreensavers\Skyline.swf - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefmusic\Late Nite.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefmusic\Saturday Night.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefmusic\Soul Shaker.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefmusic\T.R.B.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefthemes\Blue Guitar.nth - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefthemes\Grey.nth - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefthemes\Ripple.nth - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predefthemes\Zen.nth - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Backpacker.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Diazinon.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Jink.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Nuance.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Seahorse.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Silver.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Soulful.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Stay that way.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Sun fun.aac - access denied

Error: K:\Extra\predeftones\predefringtones\Yearn.aac - access denied

Processed File Count: 12

Total Bytes Before Compression: 110,933

Operation Completed - Yes

Backup Job Ended - 04/08/2006 08:58:37

Compare Job Started - 04/08/2006 08:58:40

Processed File Count: 12

Total Bytes Before Compression: 110,933

Operation Completed - Yes

Compare Job Ended - 04/08/2006 08:58:40

biglouis---01, Feb 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Search service not started Error 5: Access is denied

In that case, let's focus on the Error 5: Access denied error message that you received. Check out the link for
    Error message when attempting to start the Windows Event Log Service: "Access denied" from

Solution Center for Access Denied Error Messages

Update us with the results.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 14, 2017
  4. RolandJS Win User

Access denied error

Until the perfect Windows OS solution is posted -- be prepared to boot a Puppy Linux usb or dvd and use its file manager to copy off that Windows-locked-out folder onto any reliable external media.

RolandJS, Feb 14, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Always a dangerous thing to do. *Smile

Try taking ownership of the folder with your data in it: right-click on folder, select Properties and click the Advanced button on the Security tab.

6. Samuria Win User
    Who or what did you remove? If you remove everyone admin is member of it so they can't access it

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Access denied error

1. Access denied error - Similar Threads - Access denied error

2. error 0x80070005 access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0x80070005 access is denied: error 0x80070005 access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80070005-access-is-denied/b6491657-4972-4856-a2aa-da6418ef5997
  3. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  4. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  5. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  7. Error Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Access Denied: I opened my computer to see my discord just grey and tried to end it and it didn't work. I then went into task manager and it still didn't work saying access denied. I didn't know what to do so i opened discord again and it worked fine but the other one was still there. It...
  8. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  9. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  10. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...