Windows 10: Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in...

Discus and support Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Respect snaps have been attached for your ref. Am having two internal storage drives- SSD 256GB System drive + HDD 931GB Recently, I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SUNIL_Me, Jul 20, 2020.

1. SUNIL_Me Win User

Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in...

Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in... 1ed29653-0d8c-41c2-935c-c2884a04d44c?upload=true.png

Respect snaps have been attached for your ref.

Am having two internal storage drives- SSD 256GB System drive + HDD 931GB

Recently, I've changed the default Storage content from System drive SSD-256GB to my HDD thro' storage setting->Change where new content is saved->New apps will save to->from SSD to HDD.

Post doing it, I see a "windowsapps" folder has been created in my HDD by the system. Upon trying to open this folder, there popped up a dialogue box stating that "You have been denied permission to access this folder".

I don't know why this has happened, But still i suppose this is the result of changing my default content storage location.

Please help me out to rectify this.

Also, Please let me know if happen to update the system in future, where will those update contents be saved, SSD or HDD ? or Will this change of default storage location affect my update in future ?

Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in... 0a2e34ca-5524-4c7b-9f9d-e8619c79bd77?upload=true.png

:)

SUNIL_Me, Jul 20, 2020

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Moutro Win User
    Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10  

Weird though that i have access in the default WindowsApps folder and not for the one i switched the location to. Same steps were followed.

Thanks for your help though. Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in... :)

Moutro, Jul 20, 2020
  4. aIex Win User

Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in...

Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations

1. copy Documents folder somewhere else
    2. unlink my OneDrive account
    3. log in again
    4. select different OneDrive folder
    5. don't sync anythin (untick all)
    6. restore default location
    7. copy previously copied Documents to default location (it was empty for me, when I did it)
    8. unlink OneDrive
    9. log in and select previous location
    10. (optional) go to OneDrive settings, 2nd tab (automatic saving or something), select that you want your documents to be saved on OneDrive instead of your computer.

Thema:

1. Access denied for Windowsapps, Post changing the default content storage location in... - Similar Threads - Access denied Windowsapps

2. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WindowsApps directory access denied?: I found what I thought might be a suspicious background process and wanted to investigate it. Install directory was C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsWhen attempting to can access it gave me a "Permission Denied Error". I am the administrator of this system, I was re-installed by...
  3. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps directory access denied?: I found what I thought might be a suspicious background process and wanted to investigate it. Install directory was C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsWhen attempting to can access it gave me a "Permission Denied Error". I am the administrator of this system, I was re-installed by...
  4. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to change default location for new content

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change default location for new content: I am unable to change the default location for new content from the system default C Drive to the D Drive. I see the dropdown correctly and I am able to choose the D Drive but when I click on Apply, it keeps loading and never really changes. [ATTACH] I am doing this as I...
  6. Changing default storage locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default storage locations: Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to...
  7. Folder access denied windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  8. Folder access denied windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  9. Changing default storage location and reverting back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default storage location and reverting back: Hi, I just got a newly PC installed with Windows 10 Pro. I changed some default locations for storing documents, videos, music etc. to point to another drive instead of C. This is working fine. Then I also changed the default storage location of new applications and...
  10. Windowsapps access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowsapps access denied: hello guys..I cannot gain access to WindowsApps folder on my secondary disk, even after giving myself permission in Windows 10..!!!!! 46834