Windows 10: Access denied, have tried everything on MS website and everywhere else.

Discus and support Access denied, have tried everything on MS website and everywhere else. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ten days ago we purchased a new Win10 computer because MS is no longer supporting Win7. Had the machine with the Geek Squad twice now and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jarmysc14, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Jarmysc14 Win User

Access denied, have tried everything on MS website and everywhere else.

Ten days ago we purchased a new Win10 computer because MS is no longer supporting Win7. Had the machine with the Geek Squad twice now and still getting "access denied" when we try to open files. First, Win10 is the absolute worst OS (I use Android but hubby says he needs Word). Second, the Geek Squad knows zip about it. Hubby uses his for work and he can't be without it for long. I'm still running a Win7 desktop he's using for now but am reconsidering whether or not I'll upgrade after spending hours and hours trying to access files on Win10.

What a horrible OS Microsoft has foisted on customers!

If anyone has any new suggestions for getting access to files in Win10, I'd appreciate answers. He's has an Administrator account but it's useless since the only way to access the files is to go to each one and change the property, one by one. And then, after using the file once and closing it, we are unable to access is again without going through the whole "share" and "properties" rigamarole. I'm taking hundreds of files here.

Thank God for Android and Mac.

:)

Jarmysc14, Dec 8, 2019
  2. SeanC Win User

Router Denying Websites

My Router is denying certain websites, from a certain Server, but I don't remember equipping it to do so. It's a seemingly random occurance (which will not stop). Server's websites are perfectly accessible once the router is removed and straight cable connection is used instead. Frustrating.

I've tried resetting the router, but it doesn't want to for some reason (held and pressed button for 15 secs).

Any suggestions? *Wtf :wtf:

SeanC, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Getting access denied on some websites

Hi Debbie,

The issue you have encountered may be due to a website is not a trusted website or the website is a secured site. For us to better assist you with the access denied on websites, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What is the exact error message when accessing a website?
    • Have you tried updating your computer? It could be that there are missing features on your current system that needs to be installed. If you haven't updated your computer yet, try updating it. It will do the trick.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Website Access Denied

Hi Robert,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from accessing this particular website. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Can you access this website from a different device or computer?
    • Are you connected to a private network, or a public network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried aside from using other browsers?

Yolvi Ell, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Access denied, have tried everything on MS website and everywhere else. - Similar Threads - Access denied tried

2. Access denied on everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied on everything: So a few days ago I had to change my account to a standard account because I was trying to run some stupid app that could not install on an admin accountI've been recently been trying to access my hard drive but its given me some issues , normally I hop onto disk management...
  3. Access denied on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied on everything: So a few days ago I had to change my account to a standard account because I was trying to run some stupid app that could not install on an admin accountI've been recently been trying to access my hard drive but its given me some issues , normally I hop onto disk management...
  4. Access denied on everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access denied to everything..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied to everything..: I tried for example to use nodejs for my app, i recieve Access Denied. I get error "the ordinal 345 could not be located in the dynamic libary", when i run chrome onedrive etc. This started to happen after windows update, i tried changing files security user administration....
  6. Access denied to everything..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied to everything..: I tried for example to use nodejs for my app, i recieve Access Denied. I get error "the ordinal 345 could not be located in the dynamic libary", when i run chrome onedrive etc. This started to happen after windows update, i tried changing files security user administration....
  7. Access denied to everything..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Access denied to everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access denied to everything: So I just got a new laptop with windows 10 and I can barely even use it because my access is denied to everything or my folders aren't writeable. Basically I tried to install a steam game and update and it told me the steam download folder wasn't writeable, so I looked up...
  9. Access denied on everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access denied on everything: [IMG]So when I installed a program It asked me to scan a .exe then I clicked my :c then it asked about giving it full permission so I clicked ok, ever since then I have not been able to click anything with the little security badge on, windows explorer does not boot up for...
  10. Access denied to a website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied to a website: When I attempt to open the website for pizza hut, I get a message Access Denied,you do not have permission .... What the Hell is this all about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-to-a-website/cc76742d-2671-43bd-881c-15922d6967f0