Windows 10: Access Denied in elevated command prompt

Discus and support Access Denied in elevated command prompt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a simple command in an elevated Command Prompt that acts on a folder that resides on a secondary HDD. That drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SynthGang, Oct 7, 2020.

1. SynthGang Win User

Access Denied in elevated command prompt

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to run a simple command in an elevated Command Prompt that acts on a folder that resides on a secondary HDD. That drive and the entirety of its contents have my only machine's user account also the administrator set as the owner, as does C:\Windows\System32. I've set the UAC settings to their lowest setting, and I am not running any anti-virus or firewall other than Windows Defender.

I have spent literally a total of about 4 hours trying to research the issue without any luck. The countless articles I've read on this board and elsewhere all offer similar solutions file/folder ownership settings, UAC, anti-virus/firewall interference, etc. and none have managed to successfully resolve the issue.

If there happens to be anybody who is able to help I would be forever grateful. For those of you who might be curious, the command is as follows:

python build45.py local45 Testing

Thanks!

:)

SynthGang, Oct 7, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10

Hello Raven, Access Denied in elevated command prompt :)

What is giving you the access denied message?

When you try to open an elevated command prompt, or some command you are trying to run in an elevated command prompt?

Brink, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Access Denied in elevated command prompt - Similar Threads - Access Denied elevated

2. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  3. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  4. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Access denied in Command Prompt

Access denied in Command Prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  6. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  7. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  8. command prompt access denied as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command prompt access denied as admin: [ATTACH] my windows time sync service has stopped so i want to manually start the service but it doesnt allow me to "net start w32time" even if i am the only admin account in the windows. Any help would he highly appreciated....
  9. Command prompt Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt Access denied: Ive tried changing the cmd settings for full control in System32 and "Run as Administrator" option. I just cant get the cd command through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-access-denied/db457794-9d05-43ec-8435-b3da93e59911
  10. Windows 10 - "Access is denied" even in Elevated Command Prompt when trying to redirect...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - "Access is denied" even in Elevated Command Prompt when trying to redirect...: I tried to run this command in my Boost source tree: ".\b2 --layout=versioned -d+2 --prefix=C:/Boost --build-dir=C:/Boost/build --build-type=complete > .", but it gave me an "Access is denied" error. Even in an Elevated Command Prompt. I've been having errors when trying...