Windows 10: Access denied in trying to use other drive as a install point for apps

Discus and support Access denied in trying to use other drive as a install point for apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using this other HDD drive to have my apps installed on it on a previous windows installation. Yesterday I had to reinstall windows and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charles Albert Martins, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Access denied in trying to use other drive as a install point for apps

I was using this other HDD drive to have my apps installed on it on a previous windows installation. Yesterday I had to reinstall windows and now I can't set the same HDD to receive the new installations. When I try to configure it to install my apps on it, it gives me an error that seems to be an access denied error, so now I can't use it. I've tried to change the windowsapps permissions manually and deleting the folder to no avail.

:)

Charles Albert Martins, Jul 11, 2019

2. Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Access denied for internal secondary drive

Hi All,

I have a laptop running windows 10. A few weeks ago it started coming up with an error message on startup about recycle bin is corrupt on D:\ (my secondary drive). I now get access denied whenever I try to open the files/folders on the drive and am losing
    will to live as this drive has all of my work and family photo's etc... on.

• I have downloaded the take ownership tool and it is saying access denied.
    • Tried changing the drive owner on security and it wont let me as it says access denied (current owner is listed as SYSTEM).
    • Tried changing the security groups and privileges and it won't let me, access denied.
    • Admin has full control privileges and so I enabled the windows admin account (net user administrator /active:yes) and logged in but that still says access denied. My account is also an admin account but still access denied.
    • Tried switching onedrive off as heard that can cause an issue and no luck.
    • Tried using local account rather than Microsoft account and still access denied.
    • Tried a reset of the PC, still no luck
    I really am at a loss now and don't really want to have to take it to a computer shop to get them to try and retrieve.

The laptop was originally on windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 fine. I am struggling as cannot find any other solutions on the internet, anyone go any ideas.

Cheers

Will

William Fuller, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Access denied in trying to use other drive as a install point for apps

iPhone app for mapping the range of a single access point

I have installed an outdoor access point and I'm lookin for an app that will let me map the signal stregnth and location then import the data into google earth.

Does such an app exist???

Geofrancis, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Access denied in trying to use other drive as a install point for apps

1. Access denied in trying to use other drive as a install point for apps - Similar Threads - Access denied trying

2. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  3. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  4. "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install: So I'm trying to install win7 from an external DVD drive and it gives me that error about it "unable to create system partition" so I tried to copy the DVD to the hard drive but it said "access denied". How should I proceed? Thanks...
  5. "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install: So I'm trying to install win7 from an external DVD drive and it gives me that error about it "unable to create system partition" so I tried to copy the DVD to the hard drive but it said "access denied". How should I proceed? Thanks...
  6. Installing Apps Access to the path is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing Apps Access to the path is denied: Hi,When I try to install Github Desktop, Discord, Freetube, Atom that is, any application that install by SquirrelInstallI am getting an installation error:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AnyApp\' is denied.I created a new...
  7. Drive is not accessible. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive is not accessible. Access denied: Disk D: is not accessible. Access is denied on Windows 10 – How to Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-is-not-accessible-access-denied/dfe8d92f-d621-4acb-973c-c4075eb98b2b
  8. Using a hard drive for FTP access on an access point?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using a hard drive for FTP access on an access point?: Hi, I have a couple of routers being used as access points in the house and they both have USB ports and a functionality to support FTP. Which would be useful if I wanted to access the odd document remotely. I know NAS drives do it better but they are very expensive. So my...
  9. Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied: I typed a command in administrator Command Prompt icacls "full path of folder or drive" /setowner "user name" /T /C Because I wanted full access and ownership of my drive, so I followed this fourm Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10 |...
  10. Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied: I typed a command in administrator Command Prompt icacls "full path of folder or drive" /setowner "user name" /T /C Because I wanted full access and ownership of my drive, so I followed this fourm Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10 |...