Windows 10: "Access denied" message when I attempt to open an Exel workbook

Discus and support "Access denied" message when I attempt to open an Exel workbook in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attempts to open an Excel workbook result in request for contact information and password, which I provide, then requests for identical information,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wals4, Jan 29, 2020.

1. wals4 Win User

"Access denied" message when I attempt to open an Exel workbook

Attempts to open an Excel workbook result in request for contact information and password, which I provide, then requests for identical information, then an "access denied, contact your administrator" error message. I am the administrator. I've changed passwords at least three times today, to no avail. Microsoft support referred me to an article to correct the problem. The article only refers to Windows 8 as the latest operating system. I'm of course on Windows 10. Plus it doesn't even seem to apply to Excel files. Attempts to reach Microsoft support by phone have proven useless.

I now have an important file that I cannot access, and I can't get anyone at Microsoft to help.

:)

wals4, Jan 29, 2020
  2. danicolaj Win User

Could not open Service Manager: Access is denied

Hi,

I downloaded gpu-z - I can run it as administrator, it works great.

Thing is, I need it to be running from a user account to monitor what happens in a given user situation.

But even if I Run as Administrator I get this error message:
    Could not open Service Manager: Access is denied

do you know why and a way around this?

thanks,
    dani

danicolaj, Jan 29, 2020
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

4. Jose Est Win User

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. "Access denied" message when I attempt to open an Exel workbook - Similar Threads - Access denied message

2. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  3. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  4. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account: I got an error when visiting www.efax.com/myaccount/login?returnPageKey=%2Fhomepage&timeout=.Error code: 1020Ray ID: 793e0b94192cb0d9Country: USData center: atl06IP: 68.169.151.26Timestamp: 2023-02-03 20:51:33 UTCTried to access through windows and edge; neither work. Cleared...
  6. Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account

Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account: I got an error when visiting www.efax.com/myaccount/login?returnPageKey=%2Fhomepage&timeout=.Error code: 1020Ray ID: 793e0b94192cb0d9Country: USData center: atl06IP: 68.169.151.26Timestamp: 2023-02-03 20:51:33 UTCTried to access through windows and edge; neither work. Cleared...
  7. Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Access denied when attempting to delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when attempting to delete folder: I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, some time ago, and I wanted to delete the Windows.old folder--since I no longer need it.I was stopped by an "access denied" message. And yes, I am in ADMINISTRATOR mode, since I AM the owner of this machine.Really? I'm being denied...
  9. Access denied when attempting to delete folder

Access denied when attempting to delete folder: I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, some time ago, and I wanted to delete the Windows.old folder--since I no longer need it.I was stopped by an "access denied" message. And yes, I am in ADMINISTRATOR mode, since I AM the owner of this machine.Really? I'm being denied...
  10. "Access Denied" message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Access Denied" message: I get an "Access Denied" message when attempting to connect to a shopping site I use on a regular basis. Please understand that I have few tech skills or vocabulary....all of the YouTube instructions are impossible to understand. I need a step by step instruction that I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. base filtering engine access denied

2. how to change access denied when you try to open an excel workbook

3. excel file access denied message