Windows 10: Access denied of "Documents"

Discus and support Access denied of "Documents" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently realised that my folder "Documents" can't be edited. Whenever I try to delete a file or change a name in it, it just gives me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Achilllies, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Access denied of "Documents"

Hi,

I just recently realised that my folder "Documents" can't be edited. Whenever I try to delete a file or change a name in it, it just gives me the error of "Access denied" even though I am the admin of the computer. I provided a screenshot.

Access denied of "Documents" [​IMG]

I found a .reg which is for taking ownership, but it doesn't work. (I can copy-paste the code if needed). The only way I found is to go in safe mode and from there I am able to delete any files, but I need it without since I have a game that can't save their settings, because of that.

Thanks!

:)

Achilllies, Oct 14, 2020

2. Documents and Settings is not accessible. Access is denied.

Here is the situation:

• A week or so ago, my old laptop crashed with a hard disk problem (boot block I think).
    • I bought a Surface Book 2 and restored my files from backup.
    • The old hard drive can still be connected via USB and is mostly readable.
    • When I try to open the Documents & Settings folder on the old drive – “Location is not available. Documents and Settings is not accessible. Access is denied.”
    • My userID in Windows 10 on the old laptop was “Ken”. When I set up the Surface, Windows chose the first 5 characters of my email address “bilon” as the default userID. I am wondering if that is the reason for the denial of access? How do I get access?
    • All other folders on the drive seem to be accessible.
    Also, I would prefer to have my userID on the Surface Book revert to “Ken” if possible.

KenChapman1, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Documents and Settings: Access Denied: Windows 10

I have only one account on my computer and tried to access Documents and Settings (N.B. Not My Documents) to try to empty the Temp folder to delete all of the files in order to solve a problem with script errors on Internet Explorer IE11. I was denied access
    even though my personal account is the Administrator account.

Advice in an earlier post under a similar topic suggested setting up a new ADMIN account which I successfully managed but "Documents and Settings" did not appear on the list of folders when I selected C:.

I noticed that my account defaulted to a "Standard account" after I set up the new ADMIN account and I could not edit my account to re-establish myself as an (additional) administrator (to the new ADMIN administrator.) Apparently only one account can be
    the administrator.

I deleted the new ADMIN account and my account reverted to an Administration Account (instead of standard) and I again tried to access "Documents and settings" under "C:" but was again denied access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated after several hours of frustration trying many different options, including restarting the computer after each change etc.

Margaret Gundrum, Oct 14, 2020
  4. EsMj Win User

Access denied of "Documents"

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

Access denied of "Documents"

1. Access denied of "Documents" - Similar Threads - Access denied Documents

2. PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.: In my organisation we get this message pretty often. BUT if we choose to open it in a web-browser instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader, it opens at once. We cant edit it win the web-browser so this is not a long-time-solution for us. Is there something we can do to be able to open...
  3. PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.: In my organisation we get this message pretty often. BUT if we choose to open it in a web-browser instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader, it opens at once. We cant edit it win the web-browser so this is not a long-time-solution for us. Is there something we can do to be able to open...
  4. Trading application denied write access to documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trading application denied write access to documents: Hi all - I am having an issue related to importing Scripts thru a trading application called NinjaTrader. When I try to import a script, it continuously tells me that the application is not allowed to write in the folders. I have Windows 10 with Bit Defender as AV. I have...
  5. Trading application denied write access to documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trading application denied write access to documents: Hi all - I am having an issue related to importing Scripts thru a trading application called NinjaTrader. When I try to import a script, it continuously tells me that the application is not allowed to write in the folders. I have Windows 10 with Bit Defender as AV. I have...
  6. Trading application denied write access to documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Documents: Access Denied: Windows 10

My Documents: Access Denied: Windows 10: Apparently, as usual, MS is loaded with incompetent software engineers. Actually testing something is not in their purview... Dozens of application all default to setting things to "My Documents". So, just go try to find it. Of course, naming folders like that really only...
  8. Access denied when moving user's document location

Access denied when moving user's document location: I have a problem when I try to move the location where I stored files. The location isn't correct, it's stored into C:\users:\nyoman\onedrive\documents where it's supposed to be on C:\users\nyoman\documents. Whenever I try to move the location/restore it to default it says:...
  9. Access Denied Documents Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access Denied Documents Folder: I have a gaming mouse which is being denied access to my documents folder, I had some kind of issue like this before. . My security settings have given me occasional issue in the past. My only real concern is this program loads at start, I want it granted access to do...
  10. Access to Users/Documents denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to Users/Documents denied: Hi all, Everything was working fine till now, then suddenly I get an error message that access to Users/jain/Documents is denied. I searched a bit online and I ended up unlinking my OneDrive account and enabling the hidden Administrator account to no vail. Its not just...